Hi people.

I have been hearing good things about these strings, but haven't tried them yet.

Naturally, string choice is a can of worms, but has anyone got anything constructive to say about them?

I had never heard of them, but the pedigree suggests that the owner (Curt) worked for a major string maker but got fed up with strings that break, so started his own company.

So. Anyone used/use them?

Cheers.

Gaz
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
What, none of you?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
I can't say that I have...but when you say he got fed up with strings that break, do you mean he made strings that don't break? because if so I'd definitely go out and buy some.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
I can't say that I have...but when you say he got fed up with strings that break, do you mean he made strings that don't break? because if so I'd definitely go out and buy some.

If you look at the site, it states that he was a big knob in a "very large" string company, but was fed up of making strings that would break. His don't, apparently.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I use only Curt Mangan strings for my acoustic. They are amazing. Simply amazing. If you don't use them, switch over to Curt Mangans right now. They give a gorgeous and warm tone.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I use only Curt Mangan strings for my acoustic. They are amazing. Simply amazing. If you don't use them, switch over to Curt Mangans right now. They give a gorgeous and warm tone.

That has convinced me. Thank you.

Oh, Phosphor or the other ones?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by darkstar2466

How long do they last would you say, and how much are they compared to other strings?

And also...Nice song in your signature. That's one of my favorite songs....ever.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
How long do they last would you say, and how much are they compared to other strings?

And also...Nice song in your signature. That's one of my favorite songs....ever.

I get all of my acoustic advice from a private luthier who knows everything about acoustic guitars. He recommended changing strings every three to four months, and I agree with that. They lose their original tone after about three to four months. I just changed strings a month ago and they still sound pretty perfect. I bought them for $7.95, so that's in the same ballpark as most other strings.

And yeah, Echoes is one hell of a song...

Quote by Skeet UK
That has convinced me. Thank you.

Oh, Phosphor or the other ones?

I get the "Bluegrass" set. It goes from 12-56, and they are the Phosphor Bronze ones. I have an Art & Lutherie Spruce, and the Curt Mangans work really well with the sound of the spruce.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
I get all of my acoustic advice from a private luthier who knows everything about acoustic guitars. He recommended changing strings every three to four months, and I agree with that. They lose their original tone after about three to four months. I just changed strings a month ago and they still sound pretty perfect. I bought them for $7.95, so that's in the same ballpark as most other strings.

And yeah, Echoes is one hell of a song...

I get the "Bluegrass" set. It goes from 12-56, and they are the Phosphor Bronze ones. I have an Art & Lutherie Spruce, and the Curt Mangans work really well with the sound of the spruce.

Cheers dude. My nut was cut for 10's (beginner!) and it si wearing 11's right now, so I don't think I can push to 12's. Still...gonna get me some!
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
Cheers dude. My nut was cut for 10's (beginner!) and it si wearing 11's right now, so I don't think I can push to 12's. Still...gonna get me some!

They make a 10-50 Extra Light. That might be a better option for you.

http://www.curtmangan.com/acoustic.php
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I don't understand the whole "change strings every 3-4 months" thing. I mean, for coated strings, yes. Thats right. But not for regular uncoated strings.

I might have to try these though if I can find them.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by whocares09
they sound very good on acoustics, but the classical strings are trash. Mine kept falling very badly out of tune weeks after i put them on.

Really? For the acoustic, I only have to tune up every three or four days or so, and that too for very very minor adjustments. I don't play stuff with a lot of bends though.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Skeet UK
If you look at the site, it states that he was a big knob in a "very large" string company, but was fed up of making strings that would break. His don't, apparently.

Curt Mangan used to be one of the presidents (or some really high position there) for Ernie Ball Strings, and then when Ernie Ball died, Curt Mangan left the company to start his own stings. I just started using Mangans, and I am totally impressed. I put them on my new Avalon and I love the tone that they give the guitar.
Just my .02
Quote by HICKORYsmokes
Curt Mangan used to be one of the presidents (or some really high position there) for Ernie Ball Strings, and then when Ernie Ball died, Curt Mangan left the company to start his own stings. I just started using Mangans, and I am totally impressed. I put them on my new Avalon and I love the tone that they give the guitar.
Just my .02

Nice one.

Thing is, I can get them cheap as well, because one of my suppliers sells them, so I was curious. Might as well be able to get my strings cheap eh?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
If it sounds good to you , then go for it. I mean, I don't like the sound of Elixirs, but some people swear by them. Its all about preference
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray