Yeah, technical death metal in the vein of Cryptopsy (None So Vile-era). Has three solos and a breakdown (NYDM style). About 4 minutes long.

Good stuff, mang, I think so. So, enjoy.

Also, I apologize DiminishedFifth, i'll be critting your song soon, I just simply didn't see your crit on my other song

GOREDIT: Ignore the tag: More Verses, I was adding some tags and must've forgot about the second solo
Attachments:
techy.zip
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Last edited by Slaytanic1993 at Aug 6, 2009,
Intro riff was great, although I thought that if after 8 bars or so it could have been harmonised, but that's just me. The tempo change at bar 22 worked very well, and the riff sounds great. I liked how it kind of evolved back into tremelo picking.

Bridge/Multiple verses was great too, although you could have broken it into 5/4 instead of 4/4 then 6/4. Much more technical than the first few riffs.

I don't listen to a lot of tech death, (The most I listen to is Necrophagist, Death, Cynic, Decapitated, Obscura etc.) and the heavy/chuggy riff wasn't really my kind of thing, but I don't know how often it's used in the style which you were going for. But when it started to fill out the rests it worked a little more.

Solo was great, but I didn't really like the part starting at bar 87. Don't know how it would sound if it was recorded, though. The second guitar's solo had parts which reminded me of something Slayer would do (the whammies) and parts which reminded me of something Paul Masvidal from Cynic would do. I think it was a bit of an abrupt change back into the verse or whatever, but vocals could completely change this.

The Intro Reprised was a welcome return of thata riff, especially as it moved seamlessly into it. The kind of harmonising used before it returned was exactly what I meant about the harmony that could have been used in the intro.

I usually hate breakdowns, but thankfully this wasn't one of those '00-0-00-0-0-0000' type breakdowns. The tritones worked very well, it's kind of similar to my 'Heavy' riff in my Death/Doom song. Solo was good and worked well over the top of the riff, although it was a little unexpected.

Overall, 8/10, great song.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Thanks for the crit.

Also, to answer a few of your questions: Yes, NYHC/NYDM breakdowns are common in my songs, like in many Suffocation and Cryptopsy songs. The 6/4 and 4/4 riff is just because my brain works in even numbers most of the time, so it's easier for me to read anyways with that consist changing of 6 and 4.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'm critting this as I listen.
The Intro gets boring since its so repetitive, but the harmonizing with Guitar 2 makes it so worth the wait.

And then the transition instantly caused me to head bang, awesome!

The sudden tempo change to the verse is really catchy, and then the bridge pretty much makes the song a song for me. Awesome

And thank Chuck Shuldiner aka God that there was a brutal solo in this! I loved it.

Overall 9/10