I have a Jackson KVX10 King V with a Jackson Licensed Floyd Rose and EMG 81/60. I currently have these on my guitar: D'Addario EXL110

I mainly play in D Standard, but i want to switch to C Standard, but last time i did that, i got too much buzz from the lower strings.

I am going to have my guitar setup tomorrow at my local guitar shop (i tried myself, but failed. i'll just let them do it; it is free except for the strings). I know how to do it, sort of, but i think i messed it up somehow and i just want to have them do it, just to be safe. And i am fed up with the FR; i really want a fixed bridge, but i don't have the money. I could always sell the Jackson, but i would like to have a FR, despite the frustration. But that is another decision for another day.

I need to know what strings are best for alt tunings such as B, C, D Standard, as well as the drop tunings. I've done a little research and want to know which of these would be best:

D'Addario EPS540

D'Addario EXL140

D'Addario EPN110

D'Addario EXL116 XL

I'm pretty set on D'Addario strings; i've had better luck with them. Would switching from 10's to 11's make much difference? What's the difference besides being thicker strings? improved playability? Would 10's to 12's be too much of a switch? What is the difference between Nickel Wound, Pro Steels, and Pure Nickel? Which would be better for metal?

Amp: Randall RM80 with 1087, Ultra Lead, Clean, and Blackface modules.
Genre: melodic death metal, death metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, etc. etc. Bands like In Flames, Soilwork, At the Gates, Lamb of God, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, etc.etc.

Thanks, John.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
I use 10-48 in D standard, sometimes in Drop C. Works fine for me. If its buzzing, raise the action a bit.
i tried adjusting the action, but it didn't help much. wouldn't thicker strings help with that? should i go with the 11's?

what is the difference b/t the Pro steels and Nickel Wound?

Thanks, John.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein