Well i'm bored of my Washburn X10, it's ok, but i want something better.
Here goes;

Buget: 400 USD though i can strech a little
Genre: Classic rock, swamp rock, ACDC style Rock 'N Roll, some hair/glam type rock/metal, blues.
Used where i live is x2 the price in the US
Mahogany, HH configuration, i would like it without a trem but it's not a deal breaker

I found an Ibanez Jet King JTK4 for around 550 TL (around 370 USD), is this a good deal?

OR should i wait and my friend might sell his MIM strat for 600 (395 USD) [He bought it for 700 TL anyway second hand and third hand for 700 is lame, but i'll pull it down to 600 really]

note that the strat could take a year and i really would like a new guitar.

-s.wolf
Last edited by stykerwolf at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Dennis_SG
Sounds Like An Epiphone SG to me

There's an Epiphone SG Goth for the same price, though i really hate all black guitars
There was a Bob Marley Epiphone but it got sold
(G-400 Deluxe Flametop = 880TL by the way)

Epiphone Studio Dot for 330 USD
and a Korean Dot for 440

Actually here's a page with some used gear, and i know the owner of that store.
http://srvmusic.com/electric.htm
you should surely be able to get a high end epiphone SG or LP for under $400?
Rockin' shit
Quote by jimmyhotpants
you should surely be able to get a high end epiphone SG or LP for under $400?

Yeah Dont they have a cherry one ?
Or can't you just order one from internet?
Customs here is a bitch, anything that looks nice gets an extra pricetag of 100 to 300 usd

Maybe off thomann.de i can, but i would have to send it to a friend in Germany and then when they come over to Istanbul i can lay my hands on it
For good quality for price; I'd say A Schecter Omen-6, or a Epiphone SG or LP. It all depends on you're price range though.
I agree, Schecter's are kick ass guitars for the price. Usually made with good woods and the electronics are top notch. Many of the lower end guitars are hard tails.
Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
Quote by Mayonaise 812
maybe a schecter omen or damien 6

God that's becoming so cliche around here it's not even funny, schecter sucks, you've been brainwashed by the freakin' flash advertisements that have been popping up here for the last month...

------------

Guitars to consider

Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar
The Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar is a Gibson-authorized version of their great '66 SG with a solid mahogany body and...
Item Ships Free!
Buy New: $349.99 - $399.00
Buy Used: $293.99 - $335.16

Dean Razorback DB Electric Guitar - Used
The Razorback DB electric guitar features a killer, jagged design with a sweet gloss finish. The mahogany neck has a rosewood fretboard with a pearl...
Item Ships Free!
Buy New: $399.00
Buy Used: $275.31

Wanna **** with a 7 string?

Ibanez RG7321 7-String Electric Guitar
The Ibanez RG7321 7-string electric guitar's pickups and pickup placement provide the hard-edged cutting tone needed for heavy rock. Since 1987,...
Item Ships Free!
Buy New: $399.99
Buy Used: $359.99

Does anybody on this site ever pick up or look at a freakin' musicians friend?
Quote by Dennis_SG
Sounds Like An Epiphone SG to me

Yes! Get it!
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by stykerwolf
that was dumb really, i 6 is what i want, i'm a rythem guitarist and i don't want an extra string bothering me

Dumb as your Face, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

LOL, I'm just joshin' with ya. What about fenders?

seriously, priced low to high, go scan this site

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/electric-guitars?N=100001+304275&Ns=P_Price|1&rpp=20
Last edited by Igotyerbooty at Aug 6, 2009,
To answer your question about ibanez JS 100 that no one has seemed to notice yes its a good guitar but the price is a little high for a used one if you could work him down some it would be a little better but as you say things in your area are more expensive. Ibanez's are great guitars
~Defiant~
Quote by Igotyerbooty
God that's becoming so cliche around here it's not even funny, schecter sucks, you've been brainwashed by the freakin' flash advertisements that have been popping up here for the last month...

ive played many low/mid schecters and most of them play amazing for the price...
Vintage V100
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Igotyerbooty

------------

Guitars to consider

Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar
The Epiphone Limited Edition 1966 G-400 Electric Guitar is a Gibson-authorized version of their great '66 SG with a solid mahogany body and...
Item Ships Free!
Buy New: $349.99 - $399.00
Buy Used: $293.99 - $335.16

Dean Razorback DB Electric Guitar - Used
The Razorback DB electric guitar features a killer, jagged design with a sweet gloss finish. The mahogany neck has a rosewood fretboard with a pearl...
Item Ships Free!
Buy New: $399.00
Buy Used: $275.31

Wanna **** with a 7 string?

Ibanez RG7321 7-String Electric Guitar
The Ibanez RG7321 7-string electric guitar's pickups and pickup placement provide the hard-edged cutting tone needed for heavy rock. Since 1987,...
Item Ships Free!
Buy New: $399.99
Buy Used: $359.99

Does anybody on this site ever pick up or look at a freakin' musicians friend?

Right...brainwashed by advertisements...sounds familiar, you friends with a man named Ed Roman by any chance?

You claim Schecter sucks, yet you recommended a low-end Dean...do you even know quality?

Also, all of your suggestions are useless because he lives in ISTANBUL, TURKEY, far remover from the realm of musiciansfriend.

A pussy for not wanting a 7-string? seriously? grow up. some people only need 6-strings, and the 7 you recommended is one of the worst for its price you can find.

/rage
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Last edited by Metlhead443 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by Metlhead443
Right...brainwashed by advertisements...sounds familiar, you friends with a man named Ed Roman by any chance?

You claim Schecter sucks, yet you recommended a low-end Dean...do you even know quality?

Also, all of your suggestions are useless because he lives in ISTANBUL, TURKEY, far remover from the realm of musiciansfriend.

A pussy for not wanting a 7-string? seriously? grow up. some people only need 6-strings, and the 7 you recommended is one of the worst for its price you can find.

/rage

Said very nicely. When offered a Schecter the guy says he doesn't want a metal guitar and then that guy over there goes and recommends him a list that consisted of more metal guitars than not.
Ibanez S540

MXR EVH Phaser
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez WD-7
Electro Harmonix LPB-1

Traynor YCS 50 Blue
Quote by stykerwolf
Fenders are ok, though a friend might sell me his mexican strat for 600, which is a good deal really...
But i would really like a Tele over any strat

I like the sound of that

Metlhead443

suck my meat pop sickle! 7321 modded out with some PAF would **** your skull day and night, I'm sorry my suggestions have offended you, not really i couldn't give two SHlTS less. yes schecter does suck, worst brand of guitar EVER! Personally my tastes range from Vintage Gibsons/ Vintage Fenders to 80's Ibanez. Anything outside those brands besides Gretsch guitars I wouldn't touch, honestly save your money stykerwolf and get something high end quality. can't help where someone lives, eat my stool biatches!
Quote by stykerwolf
Fenders are ok, though a friend might sell me his mexican strat for 600, which is a good deal really...
But i would really like a Tele over any strat

Based on the music you like to play i was going to suggest a MIM TELE to you.