Came home and found this sitting at my door.

Seriously...WTF

I live in an apartment.

Two years ago ..it was a $1200 guitar.
Attachments:
micro.JPG
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Aug 6, 2009,
wow...i guess this way someone would know whether or not they want to steal the package.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
hahahaha lucky someone didn't walk away with it!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I don't think this is necessarily Fed Ex's fault. But WTF for sure.
I have a huge fear if rays.
i work at an ebay store right now where we ship a lot of stuff, and fed ex breaks SO MUCH stuff, its disgusting. when i ship things from my personal ebay account i ALWAYS use UPS.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
well you could get an account and have them leave it at the fed ex store or whatever for you to pick up. but the packaging was not at all fed ex's fault if that was what your referring to. its the store you bought it from.
Yeah that ****s retarded. Same with ups. They dropped a guitar off at my house and luckily I was there. There were like 10 broke ass punk mofos across the street that would have loved to grab it. ****, in my town if you put an empty box outside your house a crackhead is bound to grab it within the hour.
Last edited by MetalHead916 at Aug 6, 2009,
If somebody stole it..I would have had to use my Dean Markley pocket amp on vacation.
sounds like a clock radio..lol
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
When I lived in an appt I always requested packages go to the office. They knew me, and what I would do to someone who tried to take my guitar gear. Now I live in a house with a screened in back porch, I leave a note for them to put it there.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i work at an ebay store right now where we ship a lot of stuff, and fed ex breaks SO MUCH stuff, its disgusting. when i ship things from my personal ebay account i ALWAYS use UPS.

UPS is just as bad if you're Canadian because they just give you bull**** fees for items. I bought a Dime distortion once and the fee came up to fucking $50.
Quote by herman ri2
UPS is just as bad if you're Canadian because they just give you bull**** fees for items. I bought a Dime distortion once and the fee came up to fucking $50.

OUCH. i just shipped a guitar half way across the country and it onlt cost me $37. sorry canadians
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by herman ri2

This.

IbanezPsycho's Decimator was almost as much in fees as I paid for it.

Go with regular post service. I have no idea why anybody uses these half-wit parcel companies at all.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
They came by my house at 9 saturday morning, when i was out getting breakfast and they didn't even leave the package, i was home 20 minutes later and called them and they said theyd drop it off Tuesday at 10 at the latest. They wouldn't even let me head down to the Fed ex place, they said no we don't want to get it out of the truck. So I cancel all my plans for Tueday from 9-10 and the guy doesn't show up til 11:30...

I do not like them at all.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Last edited by I am wet at Aug 6, 2009,
PostCanada always f*cks up my stuff. Hope they will not f*ck my last charvel model produced before they were bought by Fender. That baby was valued around 1,000$ at the time.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Hi, I work for Fed Ex. No joking, I seriously do.

Couple reasons why Fed Ex leaves stuff at the door:

1. Signatures cost more money for the shipper (blame the shipper).
2. Package value undeclared. The maximum liable value for a package sent through Fed Ex, unless otherwise stated by the shipper is assumed at 100 dollars.
3. Lazy drivers (Blame the driver). Drivers are independent contractors. They get paid to deliver packages, not a salary, not an hourly wage. If there is nothing explicitly stating that they cannot leave a package on the doorstep of someone's house, they''ll leave it. More money for them.

As far as damages: 90% of stuff that I see that gets damaged is due to poor packaging. And UPS has a worse reputation for damaged packages than us. DHL used to be the best for express as far as handling, but they didn't have a ground line and they no longer exist in the U.S.

You're taking a gamble whenever you ship something, or get something shipped to you. Make sure you get insurance if you're having problems. Regardless of with whom you ship.
Quote by imgooley

2. Package value undeclared. The maximum liable value for a package sent through Fed Ex, unless otherwise stated by the shipper is assumed at 100 dollars.
3. Lazy drivers (Blame the driver). Drivers are independent contractors. They get paid to deliver packages, not a salary, not an hourly wage. If there is nothing explicitly stating that they cannot leave a package on the doorstep of someone's house, they''ll leave it. More money for them.

As far as damages: 90% of stuff that I see that gets damaged is due to poor packaging. And UPS has a worse reputation for damaged packages than us. DHL used to be the best for express as far as handling, but they didn't have a ground line and they no longer exist in the U.S.

You're taking a gamble whenever you ship something, or get something shipped to you. Make sure you get insurance if you're having problems. Regardless of with whom you ship.

+143
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This.

IbanezPsycho's Decimator was almost as much in fees as I paid for it.

Go with regular post service. I have no idea why anybody uses these half-wit parcel companies at all.

POST Canada has always been great to me. I bought a LINE 6 Spider 3 1 years ago (sold it) and the fee came up to $20.
UPS has destroyed an amp of mine....and several amps of a certain builder I know. They also have destroyed several guitars etc that I know of specifically. Just today on HCAF there were 2 threads about UPS destroying amps. UPS is no better...in fact...I like FedEx much more.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
I like FedEx much more.

Thanks for putting food in my stomach and mapz in teh house :love:
FedEx have always been good to me. PostCanada and UPS always destroyed up my stuff.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by imgooley
Thanks for putting food in my stomach and mapz in teh house :love:

huh?
FedEx Rocks!

thats the shippers fault not fedex's. I think they should put their stuff in plain brown boxes
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Brendan.Clace
huh?

Saying that fedex>ups might just change someones mind and have them send something via us, rather than UPS, thus ensuring that I get paid
Quote by imgooley
Saying that fedex>ups might just change someones mind and have them send something via us, rather than UPS, thus ensuring that I get paid

hahaha, I get it!!! Yeah...dont even get me started on UPS destroying stuff...
I actually asked if my last REAL Charvel model made before they were bought by fender could be sent by fedex but the guy had already shipped it with postcanada. Hope its gonna be intact. This baby was valued at around 1,000$CDN. And since this brand has been bought and its one of their last model made, the value goes up!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
PostCanada always f*cks up my stuff. Hope they will not f*ck my last charvel model produced before they were bought by Fender. That baby was valued around 1,000$ at the time.

I'm going to have to laugh at you since I've had roughly $9000 worth of guitars shipped via Canada Post and have never once had a problem.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I'm going to have to laugh at you since I've had roughly $9000 worth of guitars shipped via Canada Post and have never once had a problem.

Lucky bastard!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
Lucky bastard!

That's also not including all the pedals and amps I've had posted as well.

It's funny how that thread will make me continue to not buy stuff online lol
In my personal experiences, FedEx far outperforms UPS.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
In my personal experiences, I've never had any troubles with any delivery service.

You know what would be awesome? If we did are own UG FedEX vs. UPS test.

How would this work you might ask!

Here is how... we put two UG users in two seperate boxs and one goes to UPS and the other goes to FedEx. The one who survives or has lease amount of bruising will be declares the winner of the shipping carriers.
Quote by imgooley

truth. UPS is crap... once shipped an amp across the states that arrived in pieces, PIECES. 3K dollars worth of s*** to stub your toe on... thank god i insured it!
oh, and that VH4 on my profile, yeah, that's #2... first one arrived in TX from Arizona (another GC than the one I was contracting with had it on-hand) with a nice drop-kick-sized dent in the back plate. GC had to eat it on that one, but I over heard a few phone calls, and let's just say UPS was willing to bend over and take it to keep their business... guess GC does a LOT of shipping!