Went into GuitarCenter today asking for affordable tube amps.
Guy pointed me to the Blackstar mini, the HT-5h, the 5 watt. It soudned great, at least from what i heard, though my father is still concerned that it could gig.

So running that head through a 2x12 or a 4x12, would it be loud enough to gig?
and if not, or if anyone has better suggestions, what would they be?
I play alternative and metal mainly, so distortion is a must, but good cleans would be nice too (though not as essential).
I saw Bugera's there, perhaps owuld try one of those?
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Having a 2x12 or a 4x12 won't make a huge difference in volume. The Blackstar is a great amp, but if you need more volume, take a look at the B-52 at112
If you mic'd the cab during your gigs, then the wattage won't be a huge problem.
If micing isn't an option. check out the orange tiny terror, orange dual terror, and blackheart handsome devil 15
Gear:
PRS SE Custom
Takamine G Series Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 30
Digitech RP 250

Quote by voodoochild23
The only time I'll dance is if Nickelback caught fire and no one helped.
Quote by Ghold125
Having a 2x12 or a 4x12 won't make a huge difference in volume. The Blackstar is a great amp, but if you need more volume, take a look at the B-52 at112

+1

The Blackstar is an amazing amp (tone wise) and it can get pretty loud. If you're in a situation with a proper PA system then I'm sure it wouldn't have any trouble making it through a gig.

However, if you are concerned about the volume then check out the B-52 that Ghold mentioned - its great for metal and is very affordable.
Quote by prsrulz91
If you mic'd the cab during your gigs, then the wattage won't be a huge problem.
If micing isn't an option. check out the orange tiny terror, orange dual terror, and blackheart handsome devil 15

i don't think guitarcenter stocks orange amplifiers. or at least hte one i go to doesn't.
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!