Hey guys, i've been looking into getting a 5 string bass i tried out an ibanez btb205 and it was real nice and priced around £250-280 which is around my budget.

Just wondering what other 5 stringed basses you would recommend that are as good or better quality in my budget.

Also any song recommendations for playing on a 5 string, i'm open to any genre but mostly play rock/metal/funk songs.

thank you
Shamone
Peavey Millennium 5 ACBXP- it's active, lovely quilted maple top and is an absolute workhorse. Hell, it still sees action even though I got myself my dream Warwick.

Instead of looking for 5 string specific songs, just look for songs you like, and try to group the notes closer together on the fretboard- for example, if you're playing around the 7th fret on the E but then need to move down to the 2nd fret... don't bother. Just play the 7th fret on the low B, it's the same note.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Instead of looking for 5 string specific songs, just look for songs you like, and try to group the notes closer together on the fretboard- for example, if you're playing around the 7th fret on the E but then need to move down to the 2nd fret... don't bother. Just play the 7th fret on the low B, it's the same note.

+1

But I'd recommend an Ibanez, a BTB seems a good choice, though if you're willing to use .145 gauge or similar ridiculous sizes, an SR gives you nice features.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

If your into Prog Metal at all Dream Theater has a few songs on a 5er, The Dark Eternal Night is the first one that comes to my mind.

I prefer an SR over the BTB (just because of the looks) but the BTB is a solid bass.
Quote by ltd v100
primus has a few songs on five string bass

His name is Les Claypool and he has more than a few songs on a five string man. Still good stuff.whats your fav song bro?
Quote by m4l666
+1

But I'd recommend an Ibanez, a BTB seems a good choice, though if you're willing to use .145 gauge or similar ridiculous sizes, an SR gives you nice features.

I don't understand what you mean by this
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by watchingmefall
Les never had a five stringer, he just has four bangers and sixers.

He has a 5 string electro-acoustic upright.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

fairly sure it's one of these...

I'll try and find a video

EDIT: can't find a video, but I found a pic.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Last edited by gilly_90 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Peavey Millennium 5 ACBXP- it's active, lovely quilted maple top and is an absolute workhorse. Hell, it still sees action even though I got myself my dream Warwick.

I just got one earlier today, except mine this passive version. Great bass for the price.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115