i have some serious tuning issues with my rg 370dx i tune the damn thing and when i start playing after some licks the tuning goes out and i was not using my whammy bar at all,the strings are 1 month old so its like impossible that is its cause of that but i think its mainly cause of too much string relief so i did a little tweaking with the truss rod and still this isnt working.
the bridge is parallel with the body.
Last edited by zaynehmad at Aug 6, 2009,
try blocking the trem see if its the trem causing the issues, does that have a locking nut?
~Defiant~
thats a floyd rose right? my 350MDX has had issues and i just blocked the trem, cos i downtune all the time

have you tighted the neck locking nut enough?
try using the whammy after tuning and see if it sits in the same place as before cos it might be spring trouble

get some new strings and see if it still happens
Quote by Aurex
try blocking the trem see if its the trem causing the issues, does that have a locking nut?

Yes it has a locking nut and ive checked if the strings are slipping through the nuts by bending the strings behind the nut and it didnt pitch out
Quote by munkyRobb
thats a floyd rose right? my 350MDX has had issues and i just blocked the trem, cos i downtune all the time

have you tighted the neck locking nut enough?
try using the whammy after tuning and see if it sits in the same place as before cos it might be spring trouble

get some new strings and see if it still happens

dude how do u block a trem no clue about it...i would appreciate if you could tell me.
and yes it has a floating bridge/floyd rose/edge III tremelo
Quote by zaynehmad
dude how do u block a trem no clue about it...i would appreciate if you could tell me.
and yes it has a floating bridge/floyd rose/edge III tremelo

get some wood and ram it down the back of the bridge...

OP, try adjusting the little screws on the saddles. it might just need a new set of strings after all if that doesn't work.
Quote by heminder
get some wood and ram it down the back of the bridge...

this

literally i cut a bit off wood to size, stuck it in the trem cavity so the bridge wouldnt pull up and tuned up
yeah i searched it on youtube and saw the whole thing but i dont want my whammy bar to be useless cause i do use it alot :P i dont want my tremelo to just go down i,ll get the strings changed and see if this problem solved!

thanks guys for all the help