So, I'm looking at getting a new practice/band practice amp which is easier to move around than my Peavey Valveking stack

I've been looking on youtube and I like the sound of both the Peavey and Orange, but are you paying more for the Peavey's extra effects rather than a good amp? I don't think I'll use the effects.

I play mostly metal, and I've heard people say the Orange can't do metal, but a lot of videos on youtube say otherwise.

So which do you think would be better? Or any other recommendations in the same price range?

Thanks
This is a sig...
i have the 60w tube vypyr and i love the thing to death. id def go with the vypyr
the orange crush most definetely can not do metal on its own. take the vypyr for metal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
the orange crush most definetely can not do metal on its own. take the vypyr for metal.

/thread.

The Vypyr has massively thick high gain tones, too. It's awrsome! misspelling intentional
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
There's really no competition here between the amps. The Vypyr is a very versatile and great sounding practise amp. The Crush is not.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay