I play mainly metal. I have 700 dollars at my disposal. I have an idea of what I want, but I'm not so sure yet. Any suggestions on a solid metal guitar I WON'T be disappointed in?
Wrong forum - but I will suggest that you look in to ESP/LTDs. I have yet to play one that I didn't enjoy. They are solid guitars and are well suited for metal.

*Reported for move*
That is one of the possibilities I was figuring on. A schecter, but maybe add active blackouts?? Anyone have any experience with Blackouts?
Mine but it may be a bit over. Around 750 probably.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

blackouts are fine.. very similar to EMG81 from what i could tell...
Slightly less compressed sounding too..
Woot! New Zealand...
take a look at the Jackson 5FR series... im not sure how much they run for but they are neck through jacksons so there isnt really much you can do wrong with them.
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
get a used jackson slsmg off of ebay, i got one and it is the best guitar i have ever used for metal, if you are looking for versatility then get a guitar that does not have emgs
Agile 725 7 string w/Blackouts (new paint too)
Jackson Soloist Professional Standard
Jackson SLSMG With Livewire Metals
Fernandes Tremor 4 string
Peavey 5150 2x12 (new tolex and re-biased)
Peavey TNT 100 1x15
Line 6 Pod XT w/FBV
Misc Junk
Quote by Rossapottamus
get a used jackson slsmg off of ebay, i got one and it is the best guitar i have ever used for metal, if you are looking for versatility then get a guitar that does not have emgs

you can make EMG's versatile, you just need to have better stuff in the way of effects and amps... a Line 6 Spider III will NOT give you versatility no matter what guitar. I play blues on my DK1 and it still sounds incredible
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.