Ok, so as per the title, I like Slash and Dimebag. I want to know if a JCM800 through Krankenstein cabs would be good to get this? or just get a JCM800 Full and Krankenstein full and an A/B switcher. The JCM800 full would have some kind of distortion/overdrive pedal.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Slash yes... Dimebag maybe at very low volume depending on what JCM800 model you have but dont quote me on that.. :shurg:

Honestly if you want Dimebag just get a Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal and you set. Its basically dimebag in a box on the pulverize setting..
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Slash yes... Dimebag maybe at very low volume depending on what JCM800 model you have but dont quote me on that..

Honestly if you want Dimebag just get a Line 6 Uber Metal Pedal and you set. Its basically dimebag in a box on the pulverize setting..

Yep.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
first off, their tones are WORLDS apart. Slash's tone is relatively low gain, very warm and mid heavy. Dime's tone is a harsh, high gain scoop. you don't need any special amp for Dime's tone. might as well pick up an old Century 100 head for $100 if you want his tone. i would recommend getting the 50 watt version on the JCM800, though. 100 watts is way to loud for most practical applications.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
With a proper pedal array and the right guitar(s), I maintain that the JCM800 can do any damn thing you want it to at least acceptably.
Totally different tones. I don't actually understand the obsession with Dime's tone. His playing was great, but his tone...was nasty. Anyways, I hear that the Krank Krankenstein is good for his tones, BUT, I've never tried one. I think that was the pedal people were talking about anyways.

As for the amp, JCM800 is the right ballpark, but don't forget that Slash modded his.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Flying Couch
With a proper pedal array and the right guitar(s), I maintain that the JCM800 can do any damn thing you want it to at least acceptably.

+ ten billion

this man speaks the truth

EDIT: Slash used silver Jubes. I suggest you get a ceriatone Silver jubilee clone and use that.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Kurapica
I don't actually understand the obsession with Dime's tone. His playing was great, but his tone...was nasty.

Thats a easy one to answer... Imagine playing Pantera songs with Slash's tone.. It would kinda of ruin the mood dont you think
Ok, this is what I got:

How about this? Idk how well you guys can see it. Now, obviously this is NOT my rig. Dismiss the Fender amp setup, that is my "Blues" rig. It also acts as a "grunge" rig. any questions on what any of the gear is, just ask me.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Quote by Bostonrocks

EDIT: Slash used silver Jubes. I suggest you get a ceriatone Silver jubilee clone and use that.

Not for Appetite of Destruction, which is the main tone everybody knows.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by CGB89
Ok, this is what I got:

How about this? Idk how well you guys can see it. Now, obviously this is NOT my rig. Dismiss the Fender amp setup, that is my "Blues" rig. It also acts as a "grunge" rig. any questions on what any of the gear is, just ask me.

Do you really need two full stacks? i think not... why don't you get your own sound as opposed to copying two different tones?!
Quote by Carrionshine
Do you really need two full stacks? i think not... why don't you get your own sound as opposed to copying two different tones?!

Here's an even more pressing question:

Why not let him do what he likes with his money?

Edit: It's also four halfstacks, if you look carefully.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by bubb_tubbs

and about the SJ. I still think that is his best option
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks

Definitely, I was just being nitpicky.

I usually clean boost my single channel with the OCD to nail the Jub overdrive, while running an Ernie Ball VP Jr behind a true-bypass loop box to drop the input for cleans (I turn off the boost at the same time).

Quote by bubb_tubbs

I see the four half stacks, and again does he need four?! I can understand maybe 2.. Hes just wasting money trying to copy other people, if he has that kind of money he can find alot better stuff to creat his own tones.
Quote by CGB89
Ok, so as per the title, I like Slash and Dimebag. I want to know if a JCM800 through Krankenstein cabs would be good to get this? or just get a JCM800 Full and Krankenstein full and an A/B switcher. The JCM800 full would have some kind of distortion/overdrive pedal.

dunno about slashes tone..but with dime use a mid ranged SS amp and drive the hell out of the front end, like using an eq pedal with an overdrive on it..... yeah i agree wiht some saying his tone was nasty but thats how he wanted it...and i happen to like his tone..its very.......garbage can trashy kind of metal
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by Flying Couch

not clean tone's. it'll do them decently, but you wont get the shimmer you get from fender, vox, Dr. Z, or some other marshall amps.
Quote by Bostonrocks

Well, Silver Jubilees are pretty hard to come by, and there is two stack because it's two cabs for each sound for more power.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner