I modded my Strat and I was wondering if there was any way to test which pickups are actually "picking-up" the strings on certain settings on the 5 way switch. is there any way to do this (i.e with a multimeter)?
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
You can just touch the poles with a nickel or something, if you hear a noise through the amp, that pickup is ON.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
Plug your guitar in and touch the polepieces with something metallic. If it makes a clicking sound, it means the pickup is on.

Unfortunately, you can't use this to test if series/parallel wiring is working.
cool ill try this.
ma' gear: -Fender Stratocaster (Mexican) Left-handed
w/ push pull pot and series mod
-Ovation Acoustic-electric
-Vox Valvetronix ad30vt amp w/ effects loop mod
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
-Rocktron short timer delay pedal
-Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
play some music through an mp3 player and hold the earphones over one pickup at a time. if the amp picks up the sound, it is active
SIGNATURE
Tap them with a screw driver.
Quote by Kanthras
Since there is no such thing as perfect tone, and every rig has differences (however slight they may be), I hereby declare this claim as bullshit.
Quote by KaFuCh
play some music through an mp3 player and hold the earphones over one pickup at a time. if the amp picks up the sound, it is active

How does that work? :S
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I just play my cell phone ring tone and hold that up to my pickups. If it plays through my amp, it's on. :P
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
MP3 Player with Headphones? Cell Phone Ring Tone???

That all sounds FAR more complicated than just tapping it with something metal...Nickel, Screwdriver, Paperclicp....

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear