Hey UG,

My strings always snap at the bridge (saddle), and I go through them pretty quickly. Logic leads me to believe that that's normal since that's a stress point but maybe I should try going through the saddles with a file or something ?

The guitar's an epiphone G400
You probably have a burr on your saddle, a very fine piece of sandpaper or steel wool should do the trick.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

yeah check for a burr. rough edge there.

filing can work if done right. also lube the area.

but sometimes you might just want to upgrade to string saver or similar saddles.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
sounds like theres something definately wrong with your bridge. look for any sharp edges that shouldnt be there, make sure youre tuning to standard and not say, F or higher.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by Dizzy-D
Hey UG,

My strings always snap at the bridge (saddle), and I go through them pretty quickly. Logic leads me to believe that that's normal since that's a stress point but maybe I should try going through the saddles with a file or something ?

The guitar's an epiphone G400

That might work, but I wouldn't recommend it. You could end up making it worse...

I put some Graphite saddles on my Strat, works great.
Not sure if you can get those for your guitar..google it..

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
On the low E string I can clearly see that the saddle has been sort of "cut" by the string. I guess that's what you call a burr ?
+1 For graphite saddles. My strat broke strings all the time before I changed the saddles. I haven't broke one string since.
I'll definably check out the graphite saddles when I get some cash but for now I think ill just sand down the existing ones
If you're getting rid of a sharp edge, use a reasonable quality needle file. They're very fine & easier to use than sandpaper, & you will be able to enlarge the groove a little if you need to