oh, and how do you vibrato natural harmonics also?

edit: saw vibrato's on notes in tabs and was confused
Either with a whammy bar or fret the open note and vibrate or vibrate the open string by applying and releasing pressure on the string behind the nut or behind the bridge.

For N.H. you will have to use a whammy bar.
Last edited by srob7001 at Aug 6, 2009,
you can bend the neck. although this can be a risky buisness... billy sheehan does it alot.
If you bend the neck, stop if you hear any sort of cracking noise. You might want to practice on an old guitar to get the hang of things
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by srob7001
Either with a whammy bar or fret the open note and vibrate or vibrate the open string by applying and releasing pressure on the string behind the nut or behind the bridge.

For N.H. you will have to use a whammy bar.

this. only bend the neck on a bass. never a guitar
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
You can shake the guitar voilently aswell. I'm not sure if this actually causes any vibrato or if it's just stage antics etc.
Quote by MopMaster
Nope, you can mess with them behind the bridge/nut as well. Also, bending the neck (can't be good for your guitar imo) works.

Yes you can but I don't recommend that method as the note will not sustain very long if you vibrato it like that.

It will sustain much longer if you use a whammy bar.
Quote by srob7001
Yes you can but I don't recommend that method as the note will not sustain very long if you vibrato it like that.

It will sustain much longer if you use a whammy bar.

That's all well and good...unless you play a Les Paul or something.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
That's all well and good...unless you play a Les Paul or something.

True...in that case you would have to vibrate string behind nut or behind the bridge, or bend neck...I'm just not a fan of doing vibrato those ways.
Quote by MopMaster
Nope, you can mess with them behind the bridge/nut as well. Also, bending the neck (can't be good for your guitar imo) works.

i once watched you break a string bending behind the nut once dude tbh i think that is most likely the only way to break a low E without attacking it with wirecutters
99-------------55--------6666-------44-----444
99-------------55-----66-----66-----44-44--44
99-------------55-----66--66666---44--44--44
99-------------55-----66-------66---44--------44
99999999---55------66--------66--44--------44
Playing or vibrationg the the strings from behind the nut is a good way to make your strings go wildly out of tune. Try it and you won't want to try is again really.. My opinion. Whammy bar or nothing is the best choice.
behind the nut works well, but you only really need to do it for the bottom string.
Bending the neck is the only way to go down in pitch on an open string or natural harmonic without a whammy bar. If you want to go up in pitch then, as has already been said, bend behind the nut. If you're into bending the neck then you should watch some Randy Rhoads videos to understand how it works-just be careful when you do it; Randy could afford replacement guitars, you might not be able to.
Studies show that 89.27% of all statistics are made up on the spot.