I just scored a used one of these today for 70 bucks and its damn near brand new. what do you guys think? good buy?
el cheapo gear but it works
Last edited by SKOOBEY at Aug 6, 2009,
not bad for 70 bucks
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
aren't they only worth 70 bucks?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Dude, you just got your first guitar and amp what, like a few days ago?? You already bought another one?

Your original threads getting opinions on what gear to get, you very strict about your budget.

That budget of yours sure expanded pretty quick by dropping another 70 bucks like a week later (if that long)....

You could have gotten a MUCH better amp if that 70 bucks had been added to your original thread......

You seem to be a serious Impulse buyer.
Patience is a virtue my friend. Heed that in the future.

Don't buy any more guitars or amps until you've saved a GOOD deal of money, like at least $500 bucks.

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
I know but the guy needed cash fast and it is practically brand new so i had to buy it
Not a very good buy in my opinion, since you just got your first guitar and now you got another mediocre guitar...
Where's Waldo?

yay
I heard it was better than my yamaha 012 and it was way cheap
But being a beginner you don't need a very good guitar. Plus you gotta look at the big picture. Down the road I bet you'll wish you didn't buy it because it will be a waste of $70.
Where's Waldo?

yay
Quote by SKOOBEY
I know but the guy needed cash fast and it is practically brand new so i had to buy it

Impulse buyer alert!

Say. You wouldn't happen to need a can of half-used deodorant would ya?

It's only $20, a bargain! You won't find it cheaper anywhere else, and these things are selling fast so you better grab one quick!

>_>

<_<

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
Impulse buyer alert!

It's only $20, a bargain! You won't find it cheaper anywhere else, and these things are selling fast so you better grab one quick!

>_>

<_<

You forgot to say "Oh, and i really need the cash...."

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
lol well i got one for like $50 and i like it there ok. but hey for $50 i wasnt expecting what i paid for.
You know, just because something is cheap doesn't mean you should buy it. This guitar's the case. $70 sure, but you really don't need 2 crappy guitars taking up your space. $70 saved can go pretty far toward a nicer guitar or something along those lines. Too bad.
These guys are just being haters. Even with that $70 in your pocket, you're still a good 300-500 bucks away from your next guitar, which should be at least a year and half down the road anyway. Now you can even sell that brand new yamaha and make that 70 dollars back. "Problem" solved.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Yeah dude. Ignore the haters.

She looks sweet HNGD!
Now get off the forums and go practice!!!!
Gear:
Ibanez RG-350MYE
Squire Affinity Strat

Peavey Vypyr 75 w/Sanperra II
Impulse buys ftl! No offence personally but yeah should of just saved your money for better gear in the future but hey your money your choice. And pics or liez.
Quote by osXtiger
Impulse buyer alert!

>_>

<_<

lmfao.
Well....there is nothing wrong with buying cheap guitars. There are deals to be had....IF....you know what you are looking at. In this case I would have kept the $70 for sure. But there are awesome guitars out there that can be had dirt cheap that will blow guitars in the $300-$500 range away. My examples are a '88 Peavey Tracer for $100 shipped to my door, a '87 Kramer Focus1000 for $150 to my door, a '87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe for $300 delivered to my work.

TS, just do some research in the future and you should be fine. Cheap price doesn't always equal quality in the used market and don't let the logo on the head stock of the guitar be a deciding factor.
to TS, if you like the guitar, than have a blast.
when i bought my first guitar it was a crappy epiphone lespaul for like 50$, but i STILL love that guitar.

one of my friends that i jam with has one (its red) and its seems like a good buy for 70$ bucks.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
You guys are all talking as if saving that $70 was going to buy him a strat or something... Lay off, $70 is $70.
He might have two ****ty guitars but look at this way.

Now he can have two different tunings on his fancy ****ty guitars.

Just saying.
well if you like it........but i think you got swindled

rule number 1 never tell even your best friend that you`ve got money saved if somebody needs the cash desperatly let them put a classified ad up `cos i doubt you needed a new axe at that moment, especially if you are saving for something yourself........i don`t even tell mrs ibanezgod how much is in the bank.
i think he just bought it to be awsome because everyone with an ibanez is awsome. lol jks jks though they are cool

i think it was an alright buy i see that going for like 300 bucks in some places
I sold the yammi to my nephew for 120 bucks and kept the Ibanez for myself as I think its a better guitar than the yamaha 012
the Ibanez tuner mechanisms are better, the guitar stays in tune better and i like the dual humbucker pickup set-up
so change your sig

and don`t spend the 120 keep saving and don`t tell your mates you`ve got money 1 day youi`ll find some piece of gear that you`ll really want and be able to pull thousands out of your backpocket

(not necessary to own lots of expensive stuff to be able to play though it just nice when you feel the superior craftmanship)
Im good for the next year or so. Good guitar (better than the yamaha 012 imo) and good amp. now i just need tons of practice
Last edited by SKOOBEY at Aug 10, 2009,
Well, I'm glad you sold the other guitar and made more money back. Otherwise it was a crap buy imo. But since you made $50 and seem to have a better guitar now, you did okay.