Sometimes a bassist gets GAS that he just cant handle. My current GAS is Ritter basses.

They look absolutely amazing, and their tone is unbeatable. Don't get me wrong, I love a good raw rock tone ( hence my a ATK), but the smoothness of these basses are incredable.

Any one else GASing at the moment?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
I just gotta say that that is one huge ass pup. Lol. Oh and yes, Schecter stilleto custom 6 stringer =(
Damn, it even looks smooth. I just satisfied a massive buildup of GAS today, but I feel another one coming for this (along with the bizarre desire for the original "frying pan" guitar).
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
An acoustic bass for a cheap price tag....stupid craigslist people flaking out on me.... ): I liek the Ibanez cheapo and the Michael Kelly. I've never tried the Micheal Kelly one tho, i'm not sure how it soudns, but i'd like to know
Try adding more delay.
Shuker Custom bass, eithier a j custom or a neckthrough deluxe. To my specs of course
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
not really, but i wouldn't pass the chance on a P bass
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
LTD B-415

Probably gonna go out and look at some 1x15 cabinets soon enough, thats bound to haunt me too.

Also, theres a Spector on the top row of my local sam ash ... the people there wont give me a ladder tall enough to let me reach it, they know i dont have the money xD, so all i can do it stare .... ahhh sweet dreams.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Gallien-Krueger/Ampeg head
4x10 or 1x12 and 2x10 cabs, probably Yorkville
DI box, probably Sansamp or MXR
A compressor, maybe Diamond
5/6 string, either Ibanez or ESP/LTD
An octaver, most likely being the EHX micro POG

Gotta love my specifics.
That bass looks hideous, IMO. But to each his own.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
A MXR M-80 D.I.
Sterling by Musicman Ray 35
some sort of fretless
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Fender American Vintage '75 Jazz Bass *drools*
Ampeg SVT-VR *drools some more*
Boss GEB-7 (EQ)
Boss ODB-3 (Overdrive)

If you want to count guitar gas too, then I could add about four more things to that list :p
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by c3powil
Sometimes a bassist gets GAS that he just cant handle. My current GAS is Ritter basses.

They look absolutely amazing, and their tone is unbeatable. Don't get me wrong, I love a good raw rock tone ( hence my a ATK), but the smoothness of these basses are incredable.

Any one else GASing at the moment?

Seems really uncomfortable to play. It looks cool, but dang.

Anyways, Working on a six string, not sure. just looking around, but I did see a warwick corvette six on ebay for six hundred USD. No money though...
It looks like the horns and tail of it could break off easy haha.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Also, I'm GASing for a squier vm frettless jazz, but if I had that ritter I wouldnt want it anyway...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
a good P-bass, a Warwick Fortress, an HS Sterling.

the middle one- IN MY GRASP!!!

if that dude gets a sale anyways...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZEP_Foqz98
It's not a good clip, but it shows Phil Lesh playing his Jupiter
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I would kill right know for a MarkBass SA450 and a rear ported 151 115 cabinet. I have enough money to buy it off the net, but no one ships them to Canada and I don't have enough to buy it from a shop, so I'm killing myself. I could buy a Little Mark III and a front ported cab, but I'm not so sure about that little compromise.
i jsut bought a 1x15 GK RBH cab with a custom built, live in flight case to go with my flight cased 4x10 SBX powerde by my GK 1001-RB II. Now all i need is

upgrade my 4x10 SBX to a RBH
2x GK 4 pin speakon cable
a flight case for my head
Planet Waves patch cables
EHX bass microsynth
MXR Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitchblack +
Power surge protected adaptor
A couple of 9v power supplies
EHX bass big muff
Zvex Wooly Mammoth (might look into building one myself due to the prics :S )
Some delay (maybe a DD7 or a Akai Headrush)
a new bass (havent decided yet )
A new car to fit all my gear in
Quote by alternitivebass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZEP_Foqz98
It's not a good clip, but it shows Phil Lesh playing his Jupiter

Wow, i was never much for the LED idea but dang does that guy's bass stand out from the three other guitars.

Got a question though, would the ritter be able to sit on a guitar stand or no? Seems like it would be a hassle to have a body shape like that.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by Thegian
Wow, i was never much for the LED idea but dang does that guy's bass stand out from the three other guitars.

Got a question though, would the ritter be able to sit on a guitar stand or no? Seems like it would be a hassle to have a body shape like that.

No it can't go on a stand to my knowledge. I probably wouldn't even trust a stand at that price though, I'd store it in a case.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Ritter needs to tone down a little. they are often highly excessive with electronics and neck bolts, and they always have soapbar pickups. their body shapes look like they were created by taking a wad of gum and melting it.

they need a normal looking model. with normal construction. I cut off neck bolts at 7. tht's the limit.

/rant
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
Ritter needs to tone down a little. they are often highly excessive with electronics and neck bolts, and they always have soapbar pickups. their body shapes look like they were created by taking a wad of gum and melting it.

they need a normal looking model. with normal construction. I cut off neck bolts at 7. tht's the limit.

/rant

Well both the Ritter Roya and Classic are a pretty normal shape. Also alot of the time Ritter uses a normal volume and passive tone electronics. The reason for the soapbars is they like using their triple and quadbuckers, but I also have seen many Ritters with single coils. Now the one thing I can agree on is the don't need 20 bolts for a neck to hold.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Warwick String-Thru 7 Vampyre in F#BEADGC, with EMG active pups and filter preamp.
a 1x18, a 2x12 with tweeters, both lightweight...

But realistically? A nice cheap wireless.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Last edited by m4l666 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by alternitivebass
Well both the Ritter Roya and Classic are a pretty normal shape. Also alot of the time Ritter uses a normal volume and passive tone electronics. The reason for the soapbars is they like using their triple and quadbuckers, but I also have seen many Ritters with single coils. Now the one thing I can agree on is the don't need 20 bolts for a neck to hold.

they look like someone vomited on a pregnant CT.

IMO.

I just googled, they indeed do have some different pickup options.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

I am disgusted now that everyone seems to want to get the same rig as fitz, i know i shouldn't say it, but it may suit him but it might not you. I keep seeing it pop up in other peoples posts. Make your own mind up.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I am disgusted now that everyone seems to want to get the same rig as fitz, i know i shouldn't say it, but it may suit him but it might not you. I keep seeing it pop up in other peoples posts. Make your own mind up.

The only thing of his I need/want is a Vampyre and a 118.