Being a lazy bastard I often tl;dr, so I'll be swift unlike I usually am with pickup topics.

I want a set of pickups for my strat that are more articulate, clearer yet punchier when distorted, have the classic glassy cleans vintage single-coils are known for, are passive and will let me use my bridge pickup without the painfully bright high-end the stock pickups give that I haven't heard on many other strats.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Lace-?sku=305432

Pete Townshend had a set of these in his strat when I saw The Who. His tone was incredible, and while I'm not trying to copy his tone that night, I've heard the magic these can weave. Can I get GG&A's thoughts on them for what I want?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Apparently they are very bell-like, and aren't for everybody. They have so many options i'd look at their different colors and see what fits your bill.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
They are very good, but Townshend - especially these days, is going through a lot more than his guitar into his amp. Whilst on the subject of amps, your Blues Junior is great, but is tonally a fair bit away from what Townshend uses too. Also, you wouldn't have to get Lace Sensors to avoid painfully bright high end. There are plenty of true single coils which avoid this.
Quote by dcdossett65
Apparently they are very bell-like, and aren't for everybody. They have so many options i'd look at their different colors and see what fits your bill.

Suppose I'll see if the local shops have an EC strat from back when he used them instead of Fender's noiseless pickups to try them out then.

Quote by greggybhoy
They are very good, but Townshend - especially these days, is going through a lot more than his guitar into his amp. Whilst on the subject of amps, your Blues Junior is great, but is tonally a fair bit away from what Townshend uses too. Also, you wouldn't have to get Lace Sensors to avoid painfully bright high end. There are plenty of true single coils which avoid this.

Hmm...Any particular recommendations? I'm just looking for something for more defined distorted tones and a less brittle sound, so I'm completely open to suggestions under $200.

fender used lace sensors almost exclusively in strats up until the mid 90's so if youre looking for classic tone youve found it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by necrosis1193

Hmm...Any particular recommendations? I'm just looking for something for more defined distorted tones and a less brittle sound, so I'm completely open to suggestions under $200.

Lace sensor hot golds.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by TK1
fender used lace sensors almost exclusively in strats up until the mid 90's so if youre looking for classic tone youve found it.

Well, I suppose if true that's reassuring.

Quote by gregs1020
Lace sensor hot golds.

Hmm...any difference other than output levels?

Quote by necrosis1193

Hmm...any difference other than output levels?

I tried the Red/Silver/Blue set and the hot golds. I much preferred the hot golds. I currently have them in my strat. It's the first bridge single coil I actually like. The red just wasn't for me, at all. The blue and silver were okay.

Couldn't tell you the differences, I'm sorta tl;dr myself... I opted to just use my ears...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
I tried the Red/Silver/Blue set and the hot golds. I much preferred the hot golds. I currently have them in my strat. It's the first bridge single coil I actually like. The red just wasn't for me, at all. The blue and silver were okay.

Couldn't tell you the differences, I'm sorta tl;dr myself... I opted to just use my ears...

Mmm...well, looking at the output levels and inductance and stuff like that they seem good enough for what my brother, who apparently has neglected to tell me that he actually solders stuff that goes into space and therefore has to know about this kind of stuff and can make a decent solder, says will get me towards what I want, and the clips I'm listening to sound beautiful, so I'll definitely look into these things. Much appreciated.