Is a Deluxe Fat Strat at all good. I play everything from Bluesy Rock to Metal but not any darker. I need a decent guitar for gigging and i also want a nice new guitar to go to University with. At the moment i play through a Peavey Vypyr 30W but the plan goes like this:

-Get New Guitar
-Get new Kickass Amp
-Spend all money on modding Guitar

A Fat Strat seems to be the answer to my Tone worries. I like a Warm sound with bright highs. So i figure that Humbucker = Warm, 2 singles = Bright. But also it has to sound good with quite a bit of gain running through it. Will the Deluxe Fat Strat be able to achieve this. Incase your unsure about exactly what the guitar is here's a link:

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product.asp?id=2649
Unless you're really hung up on the finish combination, I'd suggest the instead. It's the same as the Deluxe HSS Strat, but with the smaller more normal headstock size, and the pickups are two Texas Specials and a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Plus. It'll have a bit more power in the bridge and the Texas Specials are simply to die for, for any style of music. I've got one myself and it's pretty incredible, the only problem is the bridges they use on all the Deluxe range are a bit crap so you can forget using it as a vibrato - lock the bridge down though and block it and it's a great guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Fat strats are very versatile, so you'll be able to play anything from blues to metal and rock pretty well. Probably a good choice for your needs. Just go try it out with all the styles you like and make sure it's just right for you.