Iv wondered this for a while. I see some people on stage with say, a Mesa Rectifier and Marshall JCM. How do they combine both amp heads into one? do they mic both seperately and put them together using the PA or something?

I don't know much about heads lol. Please enlighten me UG
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
there not necessarily using both at once
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Hey hey man. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way that I've seen it done is using an A/B/Y box such as the Whirlwind Selector to run one instrument into two amps. These amps can be powering either one cab or two separate ones.
You could daisy chain them. I think I'm the only one who does this anymore though. Or A/B/Y them, or use a stereo pedal, or a tripler... I know I'm forgetting some more.
The Whirlwind A/B Selector let's you choose between amp A, amp B, or both amps.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Slaveing amps, such as what Metallica did. They would take the Mesa pre amp, and run it with the Marshall power amp. To do this you would put your guitar in the input on the amp that you want as a pre amp. You then take a cable from the Send on the effects loop and connect it to the Return of the effects loop that you want to use as a power amp. Then the cab will be connected to the power amp
either slaving, or having one head going to the left speaker of a cab, and the other going to the right speaker.

or just having each a separate cab, then amping together.

dont worry, your heads touching isnt a big deal, as long as your balls dont touch your good.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson