I'm working on the solo to "Manic Depression" by Jimi Hendrix and I'm running into a little bit of trouble. I'm not used to soloing on the highest frets and cramming my fingers into such a small space. Are there any simpler solos that are played higher up on the neck that I can use to practice? The most difficult solo I can play well, outside of flailing through "Manic Depression" is probably "Purple Haze"but I'm also working on "Colony of Birchmen" by Mastodon.
PM me if you want to talk about the Red Hot Chili Peppers or hip-hop.
perpetual horrors by naglfar is easy, has some tapping and highest fret is 16th or near
Quote by nieschizzle
Are there any simpler solos that are played higher up on the neck that I can use to practice?

Last part of the Fade to Black intro.
Quote by nieschizzle
Are there any simpler solos that are played higher up on the neck that I can use to practice?

You should try ''Now i lay thee down'' by Machine Head. Theres some good roffs in there and one of the first tapping riff i ever learned. listen to it on youtube or somthing. Good luck anyway =]
Better idea: Don't look for songs that do it. Do exercises higher up. Do your basic picking runs and pentatonic licks up high until you are comfortable with the smaller frets.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.