I was just playing on my peavey valveking 212 and the sound started going quieter. Then there was a pop (like when switching the amp off) and the power had gone. I switched everything off. Then decided to smell the back. Instead of the usual hot tube smell I could smell a dirtier thicker smell. A burning smell maybe?

Can anybody tell me what damage I am looking at here and how much I will be paying to get it fixed. Cheers.
Can you still see the pilot light if you turn it on? If not, then you blew the fuse which is my first guess.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by paaaaaaaaaa
I was just playing on my peavey valveking 212 and the sound started going quieter. Then there was a pop (like when switching the amp off) and the power had gone. I switched everything off. Then decided to smell the back. Instead of the usual hot tube smell I could smell a dirtier thicker smell. A burning smell maybe?

Can anybody tell me what damage I am looking at here and how much I will be paying to get it fixed. Cheers.

Probably you power Transformer Broke down..
something blew for sure. Oh and BTW, you are not suppose to hear a pop sound when turning it off. Let the tubes cooldown, there are still electrons in the tubes when you stop playing. Wait a bit before turning it off and let it in standby
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Yeah no light when I turn it back on.

@AmericanParadox - yeah I'm aware I need to let the tubes cool down. I obviously don't let them cool for long enough then.
Are you in southern california by chance? i know an amazing amp tech
Yep, you definetly blew the fuse in the amp if you get no lights after powering it up. It should be a cheap and easy fix at around a dollar for the fuse.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Yep, you definetly blew the fuse in the amp if you get no lights after powering it up. It should be a cheap and easy fix at around a dollar for the fuse.

Make sure you get the right fuse if you get a new one. All sorts of bad can happen if you dont