I'm 16, and I've just got my 2nd driving lesson. The instructor's pretty famous around here for being an ass so obviously he was criticizing about how bad i was and yeah..

Well I got my permit (from the written test) at February, and I took my first behind the wheel at around June. My friends told me the 6 months before the license counted after the first lesson, but the instructor dude told me no, I could get it at August (if I was good enough) since I got my permit at Feb. (This was during the first lesson, 2 months ago)
Now, he tells me it'll be impossible for me to get it at August, because I got my first behind the wheel at June. Wtf???????
So I need to know what's right... six months count after the permit or after the first lesson?
Quote by Garret.
fortify your anus

you never know what could happen
Quote by happytimeharry
I just had an odd mental image of someone building up a fort around their asshole made out of Lincoln Logs.

Quote by sacred_silence7
it's cause you forgot to put in an extra hammer-on

MUSE FAN?!!
i'm starting to think every instructor is an anus.
Quote by Le_Bunny
LE shoop? It must be rad. And yes, I see potential.

P.S. nobody google 'man train'.

It's for sure from when you got the permit.
My Gear Brah:
  • Ibanez K7 (silver)
  • Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony w/ gold hardware)
  • Mesa Triple Rectifier Head
  • Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Traditional Cab
  • Too many pedals to list...

Might be different, but in Canada it's 8 months after you write the G1 as we call it. I'd just call up the place and try and book an appointment. They will let you know if you can write or not.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
For Ohio it's 6 months after you get your temporary license.

Really, driving instructors don't have any say in when you can or cannot take your test, except for giving you your certificate of completion of Drivers Ed. It's mostly up to your parents when you can or cannot get it.
Last edited by JP Oliver at Aug 6, 2009,
You confused the living daylights out of me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
its from the time you get your permit.

hes an anus alright.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.