I'm trying to learn about scales for solo building, and I just see alot of them I was wonder like how many are there? Is there like a minor and major for A,B,C so on?
Can you combine multiple scales in a solo and can you hit notes that aren't in the scale?
Dude there are many different scales out there. You can use them in any key (abcdefg). The pentatonic is the most basic. Then comes major pentatonic, major, minor, blues and so it goes. Then you move to modes but that's different right now. Make sure you understand the concept of scales and then to continue with your playing. It's very important
Quote by Paranoid777
Dude there are many different scales out there. You can use them in any key (abcdefg). The pentatonic is the most basic. Then comes major pentatonic, major, minor, blues and so it goes. Then you move to modes but that's different right now. Make sure you understand the concept of scales and then to continue with your playing. It's very important
Thanks, do you know where I could go to get started learning about them?
There are tons of scales, but there are very few that will be of use to you. Virtually all of the music we listen to is based of off the Major scale or the Minor scale. That makes them the most obvious place to start. Besides just learned sharps for them across the fret board, you need to learn about them. I recommend the Crusades: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/search.php?s=crusade&w=columns