Ok so i know this is an extremely common question, and i know at least one person is going to scream at me USE THE SEARCH BAR!...so before i ask my question i will tell you that i already looked through a bunch of thread's for info, but i just want some opinion's based on my situation..

Ok so here it goes..currently I have a line 6 spider that well, it's ok but i want something better, i can return it to Guitar Center and get my $100 back, and i would be willing to spend about 200-250 in addition to the 100 i get from the return of the line 6 to guitar center..

I am looking for versatility, something that can play both rock blues country metal and whatever else and sound good, i have a multi effect's pedal that will give me all the effect's and stomp boxes i need to achieve these sound's, i just want to know if the speaker's in the amp will sound good for it..

I have been looking at the epiphone Valve Junior Half stack, i have heard some good thing's about it, it's cheap, it's simple, no eq or anything, just the volume and a on and off switch, which is what i want, everything else i can do through the multi effect, or in the future buying good quality effects pedals...

I also see a lot of the Blackheart amp's are around the same price, would those be better for me?
I want something like those, a stack, i don't want another combo amp.
I don't play on playing live, at least not right now so volume is not an issue, i assume any of those stack's would be more then loud enough for now.

So in short, i want a versatile amp, preferably a tube stack for under $350

Also one other thing, what amp's do you think that i can find used for under $350 that would be better then the amp's i am currently looking at?

Thank's for the help!!
HT-5 has an effects loop, two channels, bla bla bla. Best choice really for new amps.
What is on your local craigslist?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
HT-5 has an effects loop, two channels, bla bla bla. Best choice really for new amps.
What is on your local craigslist?

I checked it yesterday, not much, a bunch of marshall's that are way over my current budget
I agree with the HT5......

edit- i also found a blackstar on CL for $350. Not that great aof a deal, but worth looking into.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1299729267.html

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Last edited by jc349 at Aug 6, 2009,
I"m thining now of maybe a ht-5 head with a ibanez 4x12 cab, what's your opinion's on that?
Quote by camaross427
I"m thining now of maybe a ht-5 head with a ibanez 4x12 cab, what's your opinion's on that?

I'm sure there exists a good ibby cab, I'm just not aware of any.
Get a proper cab, even a 1x12.

or that...
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1307290760.html
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by gregs1020
I'm sure there exists a good ibby cab, I'm just not aware of any.
Get a proper cab, even a 1x12.

lol ok
The blackstar is nice but to me it sounds very british voiced id save up for a while and just stick out the Spider, i know its crap but you will be happier if you save up another 200 bucks and get a decentish amp (classic 30, peavy windsor, Crate V30) or save up and wait for what im getting the Bugera v55 which sounds amazing
~Defiant~
Quote by Aurex
The blackstar is nice but to me it sounds very british voiced id save up for a while and just stick out the Spider, i know its crap but you will be happier if you save up another 200 bucks and get a decentish amp (classic 30, peavy windsor, Crate V30) or save up and wait for what im getting the Bugera v55 which sounds amazing

That's a good plan, but here's the problem, i have the money from working, but there's no way in hell my parent's would let me spend more then a few hundred on an amp, i would say my new limit is about $400 dollar's after seeing that guitar center has a 50dollar off coupon

I will look around for the one's you mentioned used and see if i can find any for a good deal..

i want to buy something now that will last me a few good year's, then a few years from now when i have a lot more money and whatever, buy a real good 80's marshall, and a randy rhoad's flying v and that will be that