I want something between Muse and LeATHERMOUTH, good for punk, but with some versitility. The current amp sucks, but thats already in the works. Budget of around $100 used.

Thanks,
-Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

... what?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Sorry, I left out like three sentences, ADD is a bitch. Distortion, a distortion pedal is what I'm looking for.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

try getting a Traynor amp with 40 watts, those are ****in' mean.

Edit: ah, distortion pedal. get a Boss Distortion DS-1. that's what I got.
Quote by DavidsonTFP

Try checking bassfuzz.com I can get a fairly similar tone to time is running out of my MXR Blowtorch and I play in a ska-punk band too so that might be a good place to start looking.

Others to take a look at:

EHX russian big muff
EHX bass big muff
MXR el grande
boss ODB-3 ( i think thats what its called)
Quote by DavidsonTFP

welcome to the bass forum! Traynor don't make 40 watt bass amps and boss DS-1s suck out a basses low end!! Hope to see you post here again soon!!!

Anyway, OP, listen to the clips on Bass player magazine's distortion roundup page and see what you like.

Oh, and try the search bar, there's a lot of this stuff on here. And bassfuzz.com as mentioned above.
I like my big bass muff, though I use it as an actual fuzz now

earlier I used it as a dirt pedal and it worked well (well, sort of, I really just had it really fuzzy but at low volume, if that makes sense (well it does because of the "dry" mode.. heheh))
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Jateca
welcome to the bass forum! Traynor don't make 40 watt bass amps and boss DS-1s suck out a basses low end!! Hope to see you post here again soon!!!

Anyway, OP, listen to the clips on Bass player magazine's distortion roundup page and see what you like.

Oh, and try the search bar, there's a lot of this stuff on here. And bassfuzz.com as mentioned above.

sorry, I was high while surfing the forums and didn't clue in to see what part of the forum it was. didn't realize it was the bass section.

I was thinking of this amp, btw.

http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=4&cat=56&id=97