Page 1 of 6
What has happened to the once great Pit? I joined last Summer and spent hours here everyday but now The Pit just isn't as fun.

What happened to all the old great threads like the one that spawned the Faster Tom Run! Russel what the ****? (starts singing) meme? And Sheldon and the stank puss?

Is 2009 just ****? Has no one been robbed or been too proud to back out of going down on a stank ass vagina? The one noteworthy thread this Summer was that horny awesome turtle that embodies all the ideals of our community by raping inanimate objects, which should be our official mascot by the way.

So what happened guys? I just want us to be one big hilarious family again. Am I the only one that thinks The Pit is slipping in comedic value?
Who are you?????
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Slone
What has happened to the once great Pit? I joined last Summer and spent hours here everyday but now The Pit just isn't as fun.

What happened to all the old great threads like the one that spawned the Faster Tom Run! Russel what the ****? (starts singing) meme? And Sheldon and the stank puss?

Is 2009 just ****? Has no one been robbed or been too proud to back out of going down on a stank ass vagina? The one noteworthy thread this Summer was that horny awesome turtle that embodies all the ideals of our community by raping inanimate objects, which should be our official mascot by the way.

So what happened guys? I just want us to be one big hilarious family again. Am I the only one that thinks The Pit is slipping in comedic value?

It's because you joined.
Feed your mind.
I feel bad, because from what I gather, UG started to suck around the time I signed up.

RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Slone

who are you? i'm pretty sure i've been on UG longer than you (just barely) and i dont remember the Sh!t you're saying
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Slone

Greats? Piss off, the pit was better before people started relying on memes to be funny.
RULE BRITANNIA
it's been like this long as I remember, but I never used my account for like a year after I signed up.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Im not trying to make out the I am a UG veteran or anything but you only joined last year?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
I feel bad, because from what I gather, UG started to suck around the time I signed up.

Coincidence?
I think not.

Jk Matt. Yer ok in my book.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
The pit got **** in 2006. You're a newby, you didn't know it when it was good, few do. *weeps*

edit: I can't remember what it was like when I joined, but I do remember october 06ers and november 06ers were complete and utter spammy bastards.
Last edited by wiggyisgreat at Aug 6, 2009,
Maybe people you know, began losing interest in the pit or such similar theories.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
When I started frequenting (Sept 05) those were some good times.
Now all the good users and interesting people all simply got too old and left.
I used to lurk in 06 and joined in 07. I can attest to the point that 06 > 07 > 08 > 09.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
People have been saying "Oh the Pit has been so **** lately" ever since I've been here.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by rock.freak667
Maybe people you know, began losing interest in the pit or such similar theories.

yes everyone has gone, except for the mods and kensai. But kensai's just too old to leave this place I guess.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Ur all $h1t
People have been saying "Oh the Pit has been so **** lately" ever since I've been here.

Don't blame yourself *hugs*

edit:

Quote by blackflag49
Buttsecks!

*slays*
Quote by Ur all $h1t

same here. Coincidence?
I've been a member since 07 and a lurker since 04

Things haven't changed that much, it's just that the older UG crowd has left, due to growing up and finding more important things to do, and they are replaced by youngins who haven't the life experiences necessary for good comedy in the Pit.

Yes it's been slowing down, but hell, that's life.

Don't complain, just go out and live.

I leave with words from my main man

Quote by Tupac Shakur
How many brothas fell victim to tha streetz
Rest in peace young nigga, there's a Heaven for a 'G'
be a lie, If I told ya that I never thought of death
my niggas, we tha last ones left
but life goes on.....
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
TS isn't one to talk, he only joined in '08! He knows nothing about "the UG of the past"

Come to think of it, neither do I and I joined a year before him, and lurked almost a year before that. I've noticed some change but from what people have been saying, I wasn't around during the Pit's golden days.

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by entity0009
Rules happened.

No, those were always there.

I liked the Pit back when I joined. Like 2003-2005 or so. Then I grew up.

It is still mildly entertaining, and I do enjoy banning you fools.
It seems I missed all that stuff last summer. Come to think of it, I had quite a social life back then.
Anyway, this always gets said. Fact of the matter is, you'll always look back on the past fondly, probably because you'll forget all the ****ty bits.
Quote by daytripper75

I think he meant actual rule enforcement, because iirc, the rules were only really enforced in extreme cases back in 05 and before.
Well, there are no new memes, or anything worth while. ********* was really funny, but it was painful how badly it died (It hung on far too long). Although after the "UG golden age", lolwut was funny for a while. Also, most pit threads are either not funny, or from an outside source.
Get over yourselves.

You realize this SAME SH*T happened years ago on the old BBS's.

Somebody complained that the bulletin boards were getting lame, and that it was always better long ago..

The grass is always greener.
GTFO my sig
the summer of 06 was AMAZING! i lurked for 6 months and finally joined... 3 days too late to be an 06'er
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
well even if I wasn't here pre 08 The Pit still isn't as fun as it was then

@ Tupac quote
Quote by wiggyisgreat
The pit got **** in 2006. You're a newby, you didn't know it when it was good, few do. *weeps*

edit: I can't remember what it was like when I joined, but I do remember october 06ers and november 06ers were complete and utter spammy bastards.

I almost signed up in Oct 06 but it seemed everybody with an Oct 06 join date was massively flamed and poo pooed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by daytripper75

I liked the Pit back when I joined. Like 2003-2005 or so. Then I grew up.

It is still mildly entertaining, and I do enjoy banning you fools.

What happened to hot girls dancing???????
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by Jackal58
I almost signed up in Oct 06 but it seemed everybody with an Oct 06 join date was massively flamed and poo pooed.

I didn't know forums existed until about May or June of 06.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Meh, it's just the initial novelty wearing off. I think everyone would attest that the so called "best days" were the first few months after joining.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Another thread full of 'I joined in 08 but lurked since 1946'

I never lurked, I jumped right on in to full blown retarded post making
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by darkstar2466
I used to lurk in 06 and joined in 07. I can attest to the point that 06 > 07 > 08 > 09.

This
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Another thread full of 'I joined in 08 but lurked since 1946'

It's easier to lurk, that way you test the waters and come in with more of a sense of what is allowed and what is normal.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I can honestly hold up my hand and say 'I have never lurked the pit'

I joined for MT and Guitar Techniques. Then the pit started sucking my deep down into it's watery depths. I can never escape now