Hey

I need help in deciding whether to upgrade my guitar or amp.

Currently I have an Epiphone Special II, run through a Zoom G2.1u effects pedal into a crappy 10W Epiphone Studio 105 amp.

I'm planning on either buying an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (I like the Les Paul type of guitar) or a Roland Cube 60. The question is, which should I go for?

I would rather the new guitar, but I feel that the amp and effects pedal would hold it back. However, if I got a new amp, I might still get a sucky tone because of the cheap guitar.

I have been playing for a year and a half, and play mostly hard, alt and punk rock.

Please help!!
Quote by somedude789
Defently the amp. Most amps that are guitar brands just suck.

Yea, you're right, Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Carvin...they're all horrible...

While I disagree with the reasoning, I do agree with the more important point - I'd cop a new amp first.
Definately get a new amp, the amp is 90% of your tone. Have you already played the Cube? You may prefer other amps...
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Quote by TimboSlice
Yea, you're right, Fender, Gibson, Gretsch, Carvin...they're all horrible...

Carvin amps are very nice IMO...
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Quote by Edgecrsuher
Carvin amps are very nice IMO...

Haha awesome - I was being sarcastic; in your defence it does get lost over the internet.
Go ahead on the new amp, but as for the Cube, I don't know. If you're using a multi-effects processor, I don't know how well it would sound with a modeling amp.
Ok so a new amp then? I think I'll maybe go to a shop and try a few amps before making a decision, but I do like the sound of the Roland Cube 60s.

But walruscore has a good point. I need an amp that will sound good with my G2.1u.