Okay, so, I've got a couple of ideas for songs with two bass tracks as the main string instrument in the song, but, before I even begin to shape those ideas, I want to know, would two tracks playing at the same time be overkill on the lower frequencies of the recording?

The reason I ask, is I thought about it, and you don't hear much about two bass tracks being lead instruments, and the supposed reason for not being able to hear bass on Metallica's ...And Justice For All pops into my head: The kick drum and guitars took up much of the lower frequencies. That means there's a breaking point where there's too much, right?
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
How you eq the two bass tracks, and other instruments would probably have a bigger impact on how well the basses can be heard rather than the fact that there are 2 tracks. Just give it a shot and see what happens. All it's going to cost you is a little time.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
th reason there was no bass on "Justice" was because metallica took out the bass track. there was some kind of feud or something. if you want bass instruments as leads, check out some newer meshuggah. its not technically bass, but their guitars are tuned lower than standard basses... i think
rather than two bass parts why don't you just play one of the tracks on guitar? this way they will sound a lot better together and each part will stand out more. if they are both on bass then you won't be able to distinguish one part from the other.
Reduce the lows in one of the bass tracks. I supose that one track sould be an "authentic" bass line and the other some kind of lead, no?
Even God has a Hell, his love for Humanity.
by Friedrich Nietzsche

Call me Edge
Quote by JayLacelle
rather than two bass parts why don't you just play one of the tracks on guitar? this way they will sound a lot better together and each part will stand out more. if they are both on bass then you won't be able to distinguish one part from the other.

Well, the idea is to have one doing rhythm, which will, for the most part, be lower notes, and then a lead over it, which would be higher notes, kinda like two guitar tracks, 'cept I want there to be both throughout the whole song, not a rhythm track and then a lead as needed. So, I don't think distinguishing them from one another will really be too hard. I could be wrong though, I guess I'll have to see.

And, thanks guys!
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin