When I went into my local shop I got an opportunity to test some tele guitars. I got an opportunity to play it through a Fender Super Champ XD and a Vox VT15. They both sound amazing and I think they would suit the genre's I want to play(Reggae, Blues, Hard Rock, and a bit of metal). I was wondering if either of these amps were good, and which was the best for my buck.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Last edited by RiFf_RoCk3r_24 at Aug 6, 2009,
My roommate has a VT30 and I personally think it's great. It does all of the classic rock/blues tones very well although it only scrapes into metal territory (although that seems fine given your description of what you play). As long as metal isn't your biggest concern it's a great amp. Never used a Super Champ so I can't really comment on that one.
Personally, I would own a Vox over another Fender. To me, I think Vox has more versatility, and works a bit better with pedals. Fender is more of a "built-on" effect amp. Not saying pedals don't work well, and not saying the built-in effects sound that great, but Fender to my ear does not sound as clear.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
just thought id let you know, you are probably gonna get reported for putting this in the wrong forum. ***holes always report me too
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Super Champ. I love Vox's Valvetronix system, but actual tube preamp and power stage > one 12AX7.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
So pretty much vox amps can handle pedals more well, whereas fender amps have their effects built in?

Just realized i put it in the wrong section. My bad
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Last edited by RiFf_RoCk3r_24 at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by necrosis1193
Super Champ. I love Vox's Valvetronix system, but actual tube preamp and power stage > one 12AX7.

But isn't all the distortion on the Super Champ just transistor/solid state anyway?

To be honest, it doesn't matter if its valve or not, it's just if it sounds good to you.
Cam Sampbell's my hero