Poll: Guitar day?
Poll Options
View poll results: Guitar day?
Yes
55 70%
No
24 30%
Voters: 79.
Should there be a national holiday where guitarist (or other musicians) should be able to just buy a guitar and take the day off and dedicate it for their guitar?

Or the other muscians would get the day off to get their instrument (at a discount) that they like best.
Last edited by metallica #1 at Aug 7, 2009,
Though it does sound cool, what separates guitars from, say, every other instrument or consumer product?
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Quote by The Red Comet
Though it does sound cool, what separates guitars from, say, every other instrument or consumer product?

guitars > everything else

Guitars are God's chosen instruments, just like Jews are his chosen people
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
That would cause more problems than declaring a national TV-watching day where anyone with a TV could take off and spend the day watching TV...
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by guitarsftw

haha TOTALLY sigged. (i'm not jewish btw)
Gear
Fender MIM hss strat 1997
Marshall Class 5
Line 6 Floor Pod Plus
OCD drive

I love classic rock.
no, cuz what about people who play drums or bass or piano and sax and brass and all those other instruments?

( yes i also play keys, baritone and sax, and i would be pissed if they're was a guitar day- why? cuz my current guitar is crappy and bad quality, while my key and sax are the best instruments i have at the moment)
Quote by Alex Vik
Seems kind of pointless.

+1 seems like someone doesn't want to go to school.

edit: And i'm pretty sure we have this already and it's called the weekend. And even more awesome it last for 2 days instead of the usual 1 and happens 52 times a year, how awesome is that.
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by guitarsftw

SO explain how am i jewish and i'm not awesome at guitar ?
Quote by Firebirdz
SO explain how am i jewish and i'm not awesome at guitar ?

I think it's more a case of God being awesome at guitar, and you getting first dibs at his gig tickets.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
If Guitar Center's willing to go with it and give everyone discounts because it'd commercially attract more customers, what the hell?
Quote by CarpUK
I think it's more a case of God being awesome at guitar, and you getting first dibs at his gig tickets.

lol... can't it be more logical than that xD Awesome
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

should be guitar day 365 days a year then just have 0.28 days to work and rest

and on guitar day we should be allowed to crank the amps to 11 and have a global jam
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by guitarsftw

I voted no. When I take a day off, I don't want anybody else taking the day off. I want the house to myself so I can play without interruptions and without being concerned that I might be annoying someone.
Quote by PUnkMetaL00
no, cuz what about people who play drums or bass or piano and sax and brass and all those other instruments?

( yes i also play keys, baritone and sax, and i would be pissed if they're was a guitar day- why? cuz my current guitar is crappy and bad quality, while my key and sax are the best instruments i have at the moment)

Thats why i wrote in the top or just regular muscians such as yourself
Quote by azn_guitarist25
+1 seems like someone doesn't want to go to school.

edit: And i'm pretty sure we have this already and it's called the weekend. And even more awesome it last for 2 days instead of the usual 1 and happens 52 times a year, how awesome is that.

No way? I need to do some research.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
idk. there is a national go skateboarding day(6/21). why not?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
More like "International Guitar Day". And HELL YES!
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9