I need a new replacement for epiphone sg(i'm keeping the pickups) and was originally planning to get a fender tele, but due to the boost in prices on fenders I might have to go with a squier. So I was wondering, is it possible to get a killer sound out of a squier guitar?
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
No.

Save for a Fender
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Your epi is probably nicer than the squier depending on which epi it is and which squier it is.
dont listen to the ignorant 12 year olds here.

go try out a Classic Vibe Squier before you shun an entire brand

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Well if you can save up for a Fender, definitely go for that. Squiers are generally less well built, and much more prone to being laughed at. I like the sound my Squier Strat can make, it's perfectly fine, but musicians can be quite snobbish. And I'm sure an authentic Fender would be able to do everything much better than my Squier can. Play around with them at a music store and see how you like 'em.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
I have tried out a classic vibe series strat, and it felt nice. If anything I would for sure do a pickup change, but I just want the right guitar once, because guitar is my hobby, and I just want something decent to last me a long time.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
some squiers are good, some are bad. what epi have you got exactly
The affinity series are not so good - other seires are better. The teles also seem to be better than the strats from my little experience of squier teles.

Finally cheaper guitars are more hit and miss than more expensive ones, since the wood quality is controlled less, some will sound much better than others - play around with a few and you'll discover some sound better than others.

Final note - it is almost ALWAYS worth saving the extra money to get what you actually want rather than saving a few quid to get something cheaper, if you're going to get it eventually you may as well get it straight off rather than wasting your money on something you're going to just sell on...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more