Hey

Im looking for new high output passive pickups for my RG. I need something good for metal and hard rock. anyone know of any good ones to get or bad ones not to get?
thanks.
What kinds of metal and hard rock do you play? What RG do you have btw, just asking this so I can know some more info.
Quote by Ghold125
What kinds of metal and hard rock do you play? What RG do you have btw, just asking this so I can know some more info.

Its one of the crappy RG4EXFM1's. I play some of everything, mostly older stuff, like metallica, Ozzy, Zeppelin and that kind of stuff. Im using this guitar for metal mostly so it would be better for the pickups to have a heavier sound.
Quote by fretz86
Seymour Duncan JB and 59, Dimarzio Dactivator and Air Norton.

+1 to jb but i have the jazz and it sounds really good as a rythem alt rock
~Defiant~
I'd go with the Super Distortion/PAF Pro combo. Lots of old school metal/hard rock bands used the Super D, so that should get you what you're after. JB is good too, but I personally find the Jazz to be severely lacking if you're gonna be playing distorted leads on your neck pickup at all. It's great for cleans though.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
I agree with the Super Distortion/PAF Pro as well.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
PRS tremonti treble pickups are about as high output as they go without sounding like mud. I shouldn't even be telling you this (secret weapon #4).