I am getting an MiM HSS Strat to replace my Squier, but that is because I should do that asap, and same with my amp. In the future, how should I know when to go out and get a guitar, vs waiting longer to get a better guitar/amp?
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
When you want a new one? or the current one does not suit your purpose, eg. need a floyd, or don't want one etc.
ESP Eclipse (in snow white)
Orange Tiny Terror
when you want to expand your tone or your not getting the tone you desire out of your current equipment....
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Want a new sound/breakages/fancy a change/musical interests differ etc.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
if you have the money for it.. be a spend thrift. try stuff out, if you like it buy it. save the recipt, you can always return it. just dont buy like two strats or something. id say, if you are planning on buying two guitars, skip the HSS strat, get a regular strat, and get a epiphone or a ibanez.. something with humbuckers in it.
Quote by pepsi1187
if you have the money for it.. be a spend thrift. try stuff out, if you like it buy it. save the recipt, you can always return it. just dont buy like two strats or something. id say, if you are planning on buying two guitars, skip the HSS strat, get a regular strat, and get a epiphone or a ibanez.. something with humbuckers in it.

There is a new $260 HSS strat at my local store, so I can't pass that deal.
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
Generally if you feel your current setup is inadequate for the range of tones or purposes you require, it's a good time to get more stuff that will fill the gaps. Or perhaps you feel your current instrument feels bad, or is too poorly built, or is falling apart and is not worth fixing. Then by all means get a better one. However, be sure you're financially secure on it, haha.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
i say keep your squire and upgrade the hardware for a price of 260 you could get some nice pickups an hss guard and some quality tuners
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
Quote by TechnoLp
i say keep your squire and upgrade the hardware for a price of 260 you could get some nice pickups an hss guard and some quality tuners

I would do that, except my neck is terrible.
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1