Im going to guitar center tommarow with 700 dollers.Im looking for a amp.I gonna get a peavey xxx but I just cant find one so I decided just to go and buy a combo.Im looking for something high gain.Like COB,killswitch Engage,Metallica,dope,augest burns red,Megadeth, basicly thrash metal to death metal.Stuff like that what do you think I should look at?
My gear
Schecter 7 string hellraiser
1984 Charvel (model unknown)
Mesa boogie Dual Recto Solo head
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Peavey Windsor will do thrash metal, however it would need to be boosted to reach death metal territories.

Also, look into a 6505 combo - plenty of gain for everything that you need. It may not be the voicing that you're looking for though.

Also, is this amp for home use or will you be gigging with it?
Home mostly but sometimes when one of my friends trow a party me and a few friends will go to jam a few songs we know and such.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
Well the only thing is that i would get the 6505+ and im afraid that the one speaker will bring the sound down and I wont get the sound I want.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member
your avatar gives me a seizure, also check out some marshalls (cob uses a marshall afaik)
~Defiant~
Quote by Sicon
Well the only thing is that i would get the 6505+ and im afraid that the one speaker will bring the sound down and I wont get the sound I want.

The 6505+ 1x12 will be hella loud, so if its volume that you're concerned about then you need not worry.
No thats not the problem.Im afraid its not gonna sound as good and the 2x12.Like the 6505+ wont live up to the name.
My gear
and some pedels!

UG's HateCrew Member