After playing for more than seven years, I believe a new bass is long overdo. However, I've grown a strong attachment to my Jazz Bass copy (you would too if you pulled it out of a house fire!). So I was thinking, instead of replacing my bass, why not just replace the pickups?

My question is, will changing the pickups give me a completely different, better sound? Or should I really just get a new bass?
It all depends what pickups you're changing them to. You will probably get a different sound, but the extent on how different it is depends on the change of pickups. And they'll only sound better if they are better pickups.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Quote by NearDissent
It all depends what pickups you're changing them to. You will probably get a different sound, but the extent on how different it is depends on the change of pickups. And they'll only sound better if they are better pickups.

Ah, well of course the newer pickups will be of better quality.
Not necessarily. If you get worse pickups than the ones that are in it right now it will sound worse.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
i'd say if you want good new pick ups for a jazz bass copy get linney fralins there custom made as in you tell them what you want and they're hand wound or some nice seymore duncans
I SLAPPA DA BASS!

my gear:
fender mim fret lessjazz bass
fender mim precision bass
old no name bass from the 80's
crate 100w combo
boss geb-7 bass eq
electro harmonics big muff
digitec bass envelope filter
I'd recommend buying a better bass tbh. More cost effective and will make more of a change for the better.
Having said that, if you really are too attached to it, then a change of tuners, bridge and nut will do wonders as well.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think