I'm looking for a new guitar to get, and I saw this beauty and wanted to know more about it. I checked online at Guitar Center and they don't hold it at the store apparently, so I was hoping you guys could help. Right now I still have my first axe, an Epiphone SG-Special (the $170 one). I use a Line 6 Spider III combo amp 75W, so anything sounds amazing lol. I just need to know a few things:

1. How thin is the neck?
2. Are the pick-ups able to pick up pinch harmonics easily, and make them sound amazing?
3. How well does it stay in tune?
4. How does it play in other genres besides metal?

If you could throw in any other good and/or bad things I should know, that would be SO helpful!

Thanks for all answers!
Have you considered getting a better amp? If you're looking to sound better, that's the route you should take.

If there are problems with your guitar, or you don't like the feel, THEN you get a new guitar.

What's your budget/styles you're playing? Are you willing to go used?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by ABRfan
I'm looking for a new guitar to get, and I saw this beauty and wanted to know more about it. I checked online at Guitar Center and they don't hold it at the store apparently, so I was hoping you guys could help. Right now I still have my first axe, an Epiphone SG-Special (the $170 one). I use a Line 6 Spider III combo amp 75W, so anything sounds amazing[ lol. I just need to know a few things:

1. How thin is the neck?
2. Are the pick-ups able to pick up pinch harmonics easily, and make them sound amazing?

If you could throw in any other good and/or bad things I should know, that would be SO helpful!

Thanks for all answers!

Lol
The EMG 81 is great for Pinch Harmonics. But i dont know much about the 89. It has a tune-o-matic style bridge so it will stay in tune.
Quote by SupremeACL
If there are problems with your guitar, or you don't like the feel, THEN you get a new guitar.

When I got my guitar, I was a beginner, and I've advanced quite a bit. The guitar's good, but I definitely need a better one. I like to put it this way, I don't want to put a whole bunch of money into it when I could just get a whole different guitar.

And I don't see why you're laughing at my amp, I find it to be quite an amazing amp. But whatever, guess that's just my opinion.

Could you please just answer the questions?
Neck is about fender Strat thick, but it's like... Ibanez wide... er...

The one I played had Duncan's in it. Very flexible. So yeah, good for like anything.
Didn't try pinch harmonics.

I don't know if it stays in tune well.
Quote by ABRfan
When I got my guitar, I was a beginner, and I've advanced quite a bit. The guitar's good, but I definitely need a better one. I like to put it this way, I don't want to put a whole bunch of money into it when I could just get a whole different guitar.

And I don't see why you're laughing at my amp, I find it to be quite an amazing amp. But whatever, guess that's just my opinion.

Could you please just answer the questions?

I speak from experience when I say it's not as good as you think. I have the same amp. It can get okay tones. but there is so much better. But it's your money.

The EMGs should be somewhat versatile especially with the coil tap. Again, it really depends on your amp. I've heard that 18v mod can help with versatility, and it adds more headroom (doesn't matter with the Spider, though). Look for info about the EMG 18v mod around here.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by ABRfan
1. How thin is the neck?

1. There are plenty of divided opinions on Schecter necks, some people love them, others hate them. It's much more thinner than a Les Paul neck, but no where near Wizard-II-or Jackson necks-thin.

2. Pinch harmonics are all technique. If you don't have proper technique, your harmonics won't be easy or sound awesome on any guitar.

3. I own a Schecter C-1 Plus, which is similar, and it stays perfectly in tune all the time.

4. I'm sure the Blood Moon has HB-102 Duncan Designed pickups, not EMG's. Again, my Schecter has the same pickups. They are very versatile, they're rather good for just about anything.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Last edited by cxrlxscr at Aug 6, 2009,
never played a blood moon, but ive played a couple other c-1s with the same setup, just didnt have the inlay. the neck is very comfortable imo, very similar to an esp-ltd. the duncan designed pickups are ok, not the best but still good. harmonics were decent and all the c-1s i played stayed in tune pretty well. as far as playing stuff other than metal, it wouldnt be that bad, its got coil taps for a single coil sound but it is really designed for high gain stuff. all in all i like schecters and hope to be getting one eventually.

just want to point out that the blood moon doesnt come with emgs, it has duncan designed hb-102s.
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Aug 6, 2009,
Dude, if you want to improve your tone, get a better amp. Every guitar is going to sound the same on that amp. And everyone has pretty much answered your other questions.
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
^ Yeah, when I had a spider everything was sounding sterile and fizzy through it.

You keep saying you want things to sound "amazing" that takes skill not gear.

Buy at least a half way decent amp (vyper, palmino, g-dec) and a new guitar because you'll be kicking yourself when you develop your ear and realize your tone sucks.

To each his own though, I personally hate schecter necks. They are too glossy and uncomfortable for my taste. I suggest an esp ltd for the price of the bloodmoon.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."