the great dilemma is this.
im in the market for a bass wah-wah pedal
i am stuck between 2 options. the dunlop bass crybaby. and the ebs stanley clarke signature wah-wah/volume
i have tried the dunlop and it suited what i want as an intermidiate player. i have no way of trying before i buy the ebs, which is a concern being that it costs almost twice as much.
im wanting this to be a pedal i keep for life, not just something that "will do"
is it worth risking the extra cash on something that may not be that much better even though it is from a much more higher class manufacturer?

any helpful comments are appreciated
I just use a dunlop crybaby tha I got for guitar and it sounds great.

In fact I never even bothered looking for a bass wah, I didn't know they even existed and I love the way mine sounds plus I only payed like 75-80USD so i basically got 2 pedals for the price of one pedal that was already a good value.
Last edited by sk8nalmost1394 at Aug 6, 2009,
at the moment i have a zac wylde signature cry baby and so far i agree with you, it has served its purpose, but it always lacked in the lower frequencies, and it hardly even registers with my new humbucker equiped 5 string, where as the bass crybaby has perfect tone response with every note i can throw at it, so i can only imagine the ebs would prove the same if not better, plus the added volume pedal saves me buying 2 pedals.
Well I personally like crybabies(crybabys?) so I'd probably just go with the bass crybaby because it's cheaper, better than what you have, and it seems to be just what you need.
Last edited by sk8nalmost1394 at Aug 6, 2009,
I have 2 wahs on my board - the 105Q and the Bootzilla. The 105Q retains the bottom well but is way too subtle an effect when sounding like a proper wah and wah too envelope-filter-y when not being subtle. I think the wah as a wah is a guitar player's effect and that throat gwah is requisite. The 105Q is more of a swish.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
true the 105 is more of a swish, but i have no way of telling how the ebs sounds, thats where the dilemma lies, i would be happy with the 105 but i dont know if the ebs is better
try an Ibanez Weeping Demon. I've heard and seen good.

but, if you like the 105, get it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
thanks for the help guys, ill look into it more and hopefully i can find some reviews on the ebs one.