hey guys i made another thread earlier this week about choosing guitars, but even though i narrowed down my choice on guitars, but i need to know a few things shape wise, i am looking for something with a rounded neck shape, as close to the size of a dean razorback neck, now the guitar brands im looking into are parkers, esps, and Ibanez S prestige series,

now i know the ESP models have the right neck but im really dead set to get a parker or a prestige S. now my question is how thick are the necks on Parker guitars and are the Prestige necks extremely thin or flat backed (like a D shape),

if anyone could please posts picks of the neck from like a profile view it would be greatly appreciated. or tell me how wide the neck is ( in inches or centimeters ill just measure my razorback later) like from front to back and top to bottom (i how that makes sense i mean like from E sting to E string and from the top of the fretboard to the back of the neck)

i know its prob. pretty wierd for someone to ask these questions but i can't find anywhere that has any of these models readily available. and i can't really spend my parents money on a guitar that i've never played and have it end up not being something i can enjoy playing.

thanks for the help guys, i hope i'm not too demanding on this.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!

Neck type: Wizard Prestige
Scale/Length: 648mm/25.5"
a: Width at Nut: 43mm
b: Width Last Fret: 58mm
c: Thickness 1st Fret: 18mm
d: Thickness 12th Fret: 20mm
Radius: 430mm

These are the specs for the neck on the newer prestige S models.I don't have any profile pictures though,so you'll have to look around for those.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

you are really helpful when it comes to ibbys, thanks again, im just really cautious of getting on i hate the necks that kind of do this (most of the cheaper ibbys
\ /
\_____/
where it curves at the top and bottom then flatens out from the A to the B string (rough estimate) which is what i hate, ive seen that pic on Ibanezs website but i wasn't sure if thats just the deminsions shown on a picture or if the neck is actually shaped like that, thats where my hesitiation comes in

edit for some reason it wont let the top part of my bad drawing move out it is supposed to match up with the other end of the drawing
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Last edited by F8iscruel at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by F8iscruel
you are really helpful when it comes to ibbys, thanks again, im just really cautious of getting on i hate the necks that kind of do this (most of the cheaper ibbys
\ /
\_____/
where it curves at the top and bottom then flatens out from the A to the B string (rough estimate) which is what i hate, ive seen that pic on Ibanezs website but i wasn't sure if thats just the deminsions shown on a picture or if the neck is actually shaped like that, thats where my hesitiation comes in

edit for some reason it wont let the top part of my bad drawing move out it is supposed to match up with the other end of the drawing

I get what you mean despite the bad drawing because I have the same problem with the wizard II.I'm not a huge fan of it,but the higher end Ibanez necks like the original wizard,prestige wizard,ultra,and super wizard are much more comfortable IMO.They still flatten out,but it's much more reserved and gradual,so it feels like a shallow rounded profile to me.Can you get anywhere to play any prestige guitars? If you can play a wizard prestige neck then you'll definitely know whether you'll like the S prestige neck or not.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

thats my problem, no one has a prestige model, my local GC wont stock them and very rarely get them used, and the other guitar stores in my town don't stock them (one is a promienent schecter and samick dealer and the other is more country oriented) i called a GC a bit of a trip away and the people working there didn't know hwat htey were doing and only wanted to help people in physical sight so i basically got the shaft
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by F8iscruel
thats my problem, no one has a prestige model, my local GC wont stock them and very rarely get them used, and the other guitar stores in my town don't stock them (one is a promienent schecter and samick dealer and the other is more country oriented) i called a GC a bit of a trip away and the people working there didn't know hwat htey were doing and only wanted to help people in physical sight so i basically got the shaft

I feel your pain.There's only one shop that's actually good within 40 miles of me,and they don't stock the guitars I really want to play like high end Ibanez and Jackson models.The other shops stock them occasionally,but their employees know so little that it's like discussing calculus with a 5 year old .

Maybe you could order the guitar from a site that has a return policy or money back guarantee? That way even if you don't like it you can get your money back.

I've played on a couple Prestige S models and the neck shape is considerably flatter than ESPs. Obviously they are also thinner in general than an ESP, but the difference isn't huge in my opinion. The difference in feel due to finish is pretty big as well, a lot of ESPs have that super glossy finish.

The S5470 Prestige has an amazing feel. The body shape and neck is incredible, but I just can't justify spending $1200 on a guitar that needs a pickup swap while you can get a real ESP with Duncans or EMGs for about the same price. Also I'm not sure if they fixed the sustain issues with that model.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Last edited by Xherion at Aug 7, 2009,
If you have a bolt on neck you can go to warmoth and get a neck with the profile you want.
Quote by DimeLvR
If you have a bolt on neck you can go to warmoth and get a neck with the profile you want.

Warmoth necks wont fit an Ibanez S series,or pretty much any Ibanez for that matter.

For Parkers are you considering a NiteFly or a Fly of some sort? Both have a sort of C profile, but NiteFly's are thicker and more Fender-ish while Fly necks are much thinner and a little wider. Fly necks are similair to Ibanez Wizard Prestige necks just without the "shoulders" which also makes them feel a little thinner.
actually im really unsure on wether to get a nitefly or a regular fly atm, i really don't know the differences between either one (chances are ill get one with specs similiar to the Adam D model as i play in that style alot).
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
i found a very high quality video on youtube, it actually has a good enough qualtiy that i was able to get a good view of the necks shape on a prestige model, so i think im going to talk to my parenta about ordering it so i can see if i like it.
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724