Hi everyone I've been searching for some nice scales to improv. on my acoustic, can anyone help me?

Thanks alot!!!

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Use the major scale!
Or try Phrygian Dominant - that one sounds really exotic, especially when you play harmonic minor before or after.
ok so harmonic minor and phrygian = exotic!
Cool I'll try that thanks everyone!!

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
I would suggest making/recording a progression using familiar chords. I Say familiar chords so you will recognize them and know when they are coming. Find the key and use that key for your scale. BUT....... if you don't have the equipment to record yourself, there are many sites available that will have backing tracks you can listen to. Most of these sites also tell you the key.

Another option to practice is following the chords. Better known as arpeggios. Arpeggios are the notes that make up the chord. When you learn them, which is no harder or easier to learn then scales, you will know were those notes are and can play them all over the guitar in many different ways to create great riffs also.

I like the arpeggio method cause if your having problems playing with a chord progressions backing track that have a structure different to just pick a key and play. You can arpeggiate(sp?) over those chords. Then go back to a scale that fits with the rest of the progression.

I don't know your playing and knowledge level so i hope you don't think i am implying that you don't know these things already. But many people who read these post might not.

So happy guitaring.
Last edited by epic7734 at Aug 7, 2009,
Whatever scale fits with your backing, same as on any other instrument.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Double Harmonic, Jazz melodic minor, super locrian?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Thanks alot guys, i will surely try em' out!

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by strat0blaster