Basically, I've been getting into recording lately and want to pull a Trent Reznor so to speak, meaning record some music layered with me playing everything. I work at a music shop and get everything at cost + shipping, so this isn't as expensive as it sounds. Also due to getting everything cheaper, I've been planning not to go barebones on the entire bass rig. So I wanted to get the bass forum's opinions of a basic bass-amp setup since I have the Big Muff if distortion is needed;

Bass;
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR300M-Bass-Guitar?sku=580532&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=318477926 ~ Chosen because they have one at the shop, and I've been digging it when trying stuff during breaks.

Amp;
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B20-1X12-Bass-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481622 ~ Chosen because Acoustic generally seems an excellent brand, the Acoustics I've tried are fairly rugged and well-sounding, and it's cheap and decently loud for just recording and practice.

So Bass forum, thoughts?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
How much is your budget and how much is the reduction? What type of music do you want to play?

At first glance, that seems like a fairly solid selection you picked out, though. You'll hear good things about Ibanez and Acoustic around here.
Seems solid...play them together and if it gives you the sound you like then go buy it.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
I have the B10 and I love it, I assume that the 12 is pretty awesome as well.
Quote by Steve08
How much is your budget and how much is the reduction? What type of music do you want to play?

Budget; Preferably no more than $500 for the whole thing.
Reduction; No idea, it varies from item to item, and I got the inspiration to try recording stuff like this earlier tonight after I got home, and haven't inquired with my boss yet.
Type of music; All sorts, but mainly prog rock, blues/blues-rock, older metal a la Iron Maiden, and a bit of funk-rock.

At first glance, that seems like a fairly solid selection you picked out, though. You'll hear good things about Ibanez and Acoustic around here.

I'm glad to hear that I have an at-the-very-least decent eye for gear.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0