Hey GG&A,

I haven't got a Vypyr but am almost certain i will get one. I just want to know a few things.

1. Is it possible to record to my computer with a Vypyr 30, without mic-ing the amp?
Edit: And how do i do it?

2. Can the Vypyr get passable blues, funk and cleaner sounds? I know it delivers on metal and hard rock (Unfortunately, I can't test this thing before buying)

3. I hear about lots of people having problems with the Vypyr: tuner freezing, extreme volume changes between settings, buzzing etc. Are any of the problems really bad? Or are they just minor/fixable things?

Thanks for any help, hopefully i will have one soon!
Last edited by Sacrebleu! at Aug 6, 2009,
I just got mine last week, and I'm really satisfied so far.

For recording, there's an output on the 30w for recording. One of those headphone jack looking things.

As for a bluesy tone and such, I can't say I've had enough time to really experiment with that kind of sound. Albeit I do like the cleans on a few of the lower-gain models.

And personally I haven't had any of those problems; the difference between the heavier amp models and cleaner/lighter models is quite a difference, but I wouldn't say it's horrible.
Quote by Sacrebleu!
Hey GG&A,

I haven't got a Vypyr but am almost certain i will get one. I just want to know a few things.

1. Is it possible to record to my computer with a Vypyr 30, without mic-ing the amp?
Edit: And how do i do it?

2. Can the Vypyr get passable blues, funk and cleaner sounds? I know it delivers on metal and hard rock (Unfortunately, I can't test this thing before buying)

3. I hear about lots of people having problems with the Vypyr: tuner freezing, extreme volume changes between settings, buzzing etc. Are any of the problems really bad? Or are they just minor/fixable things?

Thanks for any help, hopefully i will have one soon!

I really don't understand everyone complaining about the volume on the vypyrs. The only problem I have is that when I'm playing in my appt and trying to be quiet, I set the post gain (channel volume) as low as it can go while still making noise and then the master volume to 3-6. It's nice and quiet, my roommate can't even hear it if I get it down low, and it still sounds good. But, when you change the amp to another amp preset, the post gain goes up to whatever the preset is for that channel ( and normally it's pretty hight ) so if your in the middle of playing a riff and switch channels, you'll be shaking the pictures on the wall, lol. After two times of doing that I finally set all my presets to a low post gain.

My tuner has worked fine and the amp sounds great. I play mostly blues and classic rock with alittle bit of metallica and such thrown in, and it handles it ll great.

Great amp for the money in my opinion.
The cleans sound great, just as good, if not better, than the high gain stuff.

Volume is easy to control. Just set the master and leave it alone, and adjust the post gain on your presets.

When I first got my Vypyr 30, it froze up all the time when I would turn it on. I took it back to the shop and got it updated, and it hardly does it anymore. I've found that turning it on without the guitar cable plugged in is a good way to make sure it starts right up. But yes, overall, its annoying to know you're amp STILL doesn't work 100% right.

I paid $200 USD for mine. I think its a great amp for the price.