I bought an MXR 10 Band pedal for $75 from Kawaisou on Saturday, and still haven't gotten it or heard anything from him.

He messaged me late Sat. and said he'd have it out by Mon or Tues., but when i just tried to send him a PM to see if he got a tracking number when he shipped it, it came up with the error that "Kawaisou has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to send/get private messages thus your message didn't get sent"

He sent me a pic and everything of the pedals and the accessories, but im a bit worried. i DID pay through PayPal, so I may can file a claim if things get sketchier

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Yes, you have probably been scammed.

No, he will probably not send you anything.

No, you will probably not get recompensated by PayPal. They only do that if the transaction was through eBay.

Have a drink.
well i don't drink...but **** that....i want my damn pedal, thats a lot of money to lose

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
yeah, you probably did. i just banned him today because he made a new account to give himself positive feedback in the good trader thread
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
thanks for telling me mikey. Well is there anything that can be done? I buy games off Cheap Ass Gamer all the time, and when someone scams on there...mods find SOME way to get their ass in legal problems for messing with good folks.

I mean it surprises me...a mod will somehow actually live in the same town as a scammer and call police up and the scammer usually gives whoever they scammed their money back

this makes me sick the the stomach....what would Paypal Resolution center do?

EDIT: Well, I'm still gonna give this til Saturday, but im fuming a good bit! Although to ease myself, I just bought a MXR off ebay a few minutes ago for $85 free shipping...so at least i know im getting one legit now. I just hope he needs that $75 more than i do, because otherwise i'd hunt his ass down and castrate the mother******

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Last edited by jcp42877 at Aug 6, 2009,
Paypal is the only thing that can really be of any help to you. my resources are limited. where is he even from ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
Paypal is the only thing that can really be of any help to you. my resources are limited. where is he even from ?

not sure...thanks for banning him though. I know y'alls resources ARE limited, but ya try

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Definetly file a claim with PayPal as fast as you can!!! PayPal is really good with this kind of stuff, BUT only if you act fast.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Ah that's too bad man, but that's always a risk you run when dealing online. I would suggest that next time you look a little further into who you're buying from, but I have no idea what steps you took before you made the deal. I can't suggest that, if that's what you did!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
Ah that's too bad man, but that's always a risk you run when dealing online. I would suggest that next time you look a little further into who you're buying from, but I have no idea what steps you took before you made the deal. I can't suggest that, if that's what you did!

Appreciate the sympathy man...this is one heck of a way for my first UG trade to go. I've traded/bought/sold NUMEROUS products on Cheap Ass Gamer, Craigslist, & Ebay.hgih end stuff a lot of the time too...and yet the people seem to always come through and hold up their end of the bargain...

I mean honestly? does this guy have no morals whatsoever? Haha, I'm a bit calmer now that I've ordered another MXR, but I just wonder how old this kid is

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
Appreciate the sympathy man...this is one heck of a way for my first UG trade to go. I've traded/bought/sold NUMEROUS products on Cheap Ass Gamer, Craigslist, & Ebay.hgih end stuff a lot of the time too...and yet the people seem to always come through and hold up their end of the bargain...

I mean honestly? does this guy have no morals whatsoever? Haha, I'm a bit calmer now that I've ordered another MXR, but I just wonder how old this kid is

This sort of situation is why I always request a phone conversation before I do any business online that doesn't involve meeting in person.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
This sort of situation is why I always request a phone conversation before I do any business online that doesn't involve meeting in person.

Very smart..but, unless you bug the conversation, if something like this happens..he still has ways out. It'd basically be your word against his. He could still lie through his teeth with you, telling you how great the pedal is, etc. You seem fine with it..he tells you he'll ship ASAP when he gets the payment...and BAM! in the same boat as me

haha..maybe not though

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
You can both file with Palpay a dispute and use Paypal to message the seller. Hurry before he removes his money from his account.
see this is why when buying over an online forum, ALWAYS have the seller put it up on eBay so that you both have your asses covered. never buy anything over a forum because you will have no legal back-up.