Here's my situation, I have a Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 50. This guy has a Music Man Axis Super Sport (the guitar I've always wanted). My amp is $1700 new and his guitar $1733. Both of our items are in immaculate condition. He wanted $300 on top of my amp and after I tried reasoning with him that it's only a new difference of $33 he said he still needs the money and will take $100 on top of the amp. There is another Musicman Axis (normal model with floyd rose) for sale in a shop on consignment for $850. While I dislike floyd roses, it has the neck and color I want. I just don't know when I would be able to sell my amp and if the other axis would be around.

What should I do?
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Personally, i think that guy is trying to screw you over, but I am a skepticist 'til the end. The floyd is mounted on those anyway, so its a little less hassle as far as tuning changes and such.

An H&K Switchblade in immaculate condition will sell very fast on eBay or CL for at least 1300. And try to see if the shop owner will hide it or put it on hold for you. Local shops are usually pretty helpful as long as they know you're gonna be buying something
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Yeah dude, I assume if you have a $1700 amp its probably your "good" amp. Do you really want to get rid of your "good" amp to get the guitar you always wanted - only to be able to play you guitar without your "good" amp.

Get the one at the shop, its a way better deal and you get to keep your amp. Like the other guy said, you can block your FR anyways.

And if all else fails, im not positve but im sure it wouldnt be too expensive to put a regular bridge on the guitar - most certainly not $1700!!!

Dont be stupid!
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Last edited by Vypor at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by Vypor
Yeah dude, I assume if you have a $1700 amp its probably your "good" amp. Do you really want to get rid of your "good" amp to get the guitar you always wanted - only to be able to play you guitar without your "good" amp.

Get the one at the shop, its a way better deal and you get to keep your amp. Like the other guy said, you can block your FR anyways.

And if all else fails, im not positve but im sure it wouldnt be too expensive to put a regular bridge on the guitar - most certainly not $1700!!!

Dont be stupid!

Well I am selling all my gear except for my sg and fulltone ocd to get a different amp and a musicman.

I am not keeping my amp, I am selling it to fund the purchase of a guitar as I am selling my other amp to fund a purchase of a new amp. Thus, I wouldn't be able to get in on the shop's guitar without first selling my Switchblade.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."