I own a Spider III 15w amp, I really would like to purchase a small tube amp as an upgrade. WOuld it be worth it to get a small 5w tube amp from Crate or something? It's only $99 so I wanted to look into it.

I generally play anything, Country - Death Metal. I don't play gigs, just home recording in a POD GX but sometimes I perform for my family so I think a little 5w would be perfect. Some help?
Well, thats a little out of my price range, I was hopin to spend just up to $200 or hopefully less. Anything else?
Those are both nice, but wow the Epiphone has some great reviews. Have you personally used it?
If your getting something that small you might want to stay in the SS field and get a peavey vypyr 30 watt or a roland cube 30. Would give you plenty of punch for home practice and tiny family performances and they are good amps.

Haven't tried any tube amps that small so I can't help ya there.
Quote by RoughDraft274
If your getting something that small you might want to stay in the SS field and get a peavey vypyr 30 watt or a roland cube 30. Would give you plenty of punch for home practice and tiny family performances and they are good amps.

Haven't tried any tube amps that small so I can't help ya there.

Okay, I'll check 'em out at GC tomorrow, thanks everyone.
the vox ac4 is on sale for $200 at GC (or so it says in my mailer). this is the combo i mean. i havent tried one, but hopefully i will tomorrow. if the crate you are talking about is the V series, i really liked those amps as well. then the epi vj, its ok but it really only shines if you mod it. ok from what ive tried, but people find it a bit lifeless stock and then modded it becomes very nice. blackhearts are good as well, i love mine and use it for most of my playing these days.

but if the crate is a v-5 or whatever, its probably worth the $99 that its on sale for. its got a 10" speaker (none of that 6" or 8" crap) and i thought it sounded pretty good. i like the blackheart having TMB controls, but the single tone control is what most of these 5 watters have so its not a huge deal.
If you wil; be playing metal, most 5W tube amps will be pretty useless to you.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.