Page 1 of 4
So what do you all think about aliens? Distant, mysterious beings that we will never see in our lifetimes? Big, shambling furry guys who always seem available when we need a buddy to help smuggle some product across the "border"? Or have we already been visited?

More and more I have been leaning to the idea that intelligent aliens are visiting us or at least watching us. I found a really good set of videos on Youtube that hasn't got that much attention. It's called Evidence: The Case for NASA's UFOs.

It takes a scientific approach to the subject and really analyzes it well. Dan Akroyd does the intro and David Sereda does the commentary and Bill Nyes it for the rest of it.
I think it really is a stellar documentary except for the end where he supposes the linkings between aliens and ancient mythology... I don't really buy into all that stuff. But he simply supposes at it and doesn't say that is true.

Anyways... too long didn't read? Check out this documentary I found on Youtube if you are at all interested in aliens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDPYBCnMHKM

Note: 2 Parts to the film... The first part is broken up into 11 ten minute videos. The second part is broken up into 10 ten minute videos. Watch from the beginning if you want to understand.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Last edited by Yeti60 at Aug 6, 2009,
someone on the INTERNET says that theres aliens?!? this sounds LEGIT!

DIET: you think im gonna trust a yeti? i call shenanigans!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at Aug 6, 2009,
links to ancient mythology are the most convincing arguments to me...

Plus there are some weird things to happen with ancient civilizations that are unexplainable...until you involve aliens...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
link fail
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
link to the video... not your favorites.
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
Bill Nye? This sh*t must be serious.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Quote by Zugunruhe
someone on the INTERNET says that theres aliens?!? this sounds LEGIT!

this.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
in the immense vastness of the universe, there have to be aliens out there dude. We just haven't found them yet
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
I do believe in aliens. I mean, how could Earth, in this insanely vast universe, be the ONLY inhabited planet? That is WAY more unlikely then the chance of aliens.

EDIT: Oh, and TS, that's a big link fail right there.

Right now, the top video is the Acid Bath video I recently favorited.
wait the link doesn't bring you to a screen that has a list of all of the vids?
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Yeti60
wait the link doesn't bring you to a screen that has a list of all of the vids?

Nope.
I'd seriously doubt it. I love the way that all UFO pictures look exactly the same in each decade too.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by TunerAddict
links to ancient mythology are the most convincing arguments to me...

Plus there are some weird things to happen with ancient civilizations that are unexplainable...until you involve aliens...

There also was a lot of things unexplainable by science until you involve God. Just because we don't know yet doesn't mean you have to make up crazy ideas.

I don't doubt the existence of aliens. I mean, the universe is so big that there is no way life couldn't exist elsewhere. In fat, there could be civilizations more advanced than us.

But think the vast distances they would have to travel to reach earth. I doubt they've mastered faster-than-light travel.

But who knows.

EDIT: They could be watching you right now. On the Pit. Dick in hand.

How creepy.
Quote by kayaress one

Sir, I love you.

Last edited by Aaron0612 at Aug 6, 2009,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDPYBCnMHKM

Yeah I put the wrong link in sorry.

Ok thats the first video
Its the intro...

And I understand your skepticism... but this documentary approaches the subject from a new angle.

It uses footage that was broadcasted live in the 90s directly from NASA... there is no spectator shaky camera footage with people yelling "oh my god!" or whatever you're used to.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by Aaron0612
There also was a lot of things unexplainable by science until you involve God. Just because we don't know yet doesn't mean you have to make up crazy ideas.

I don't doubt the existence of aliens. I mean, the universe is so big that there is no way life couldn't exist elsewhere. In fat, there could be civilizations more advanced than us.

But think the vast distances they would have to travel to reach earth. I doubt they've mastered faster-than-light travel.

But who knows.

There is a difference between things we CANNOT know, where people would involve god, like why we are here and how, and things that were not technologically possible at the time, which I was referring to, I just didn't go so far in depth as to explain it, which is my bad.

There are the rocks in South America. From Mayan or something. They are made from the second hardest material on earth, only diamond being harder or what not. They're perfectly square. Perfectly. The only way to cut them would be through diamond bladed saws or lasers, none of which existed back then, and these rocks date back thousands of years.

Its just weird crap like that really makes it seem like there must have been some alien help or something...Or some advanced civilization that went bottoms up and for some reason hasn't had evidence of their existence found yet.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
AROUND THE WORLD

And David Sereda's Galaxy Clock and faster than light speed theory involving gravity is so cool. No idea if it would work at all, but its so cool.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by crazy8rgood
I do believe in aliens. I mean, how could Earth, in this insanely vast universe, be the ONLY inhabited planet? That is WAY more unlikely then the chance of aliens.

EDIT: Oh, and TS, that's a big link fail right there.

Right now, the top video is the Acid Bath video I recently favorited.

Don't believe something until it's proven. Otherwise, you're just ignorant. On top of that, life has existed on Earth for about 400 million years. The age of the universe is estimated to be 14 billion years old. So even if life elsewhere were to exist, it is highly unlikely to exist at the exact same time as us.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Pinto111
It is mathematically VERY probable that life exists on other planets similar to that of Earth.
I am also very convinced by evidence from such cultures as the Egyptians that we had a little "assistance" from space

Good post Pinto!!
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
Ok so the first 6 segments are up... so if you are interested in this kind of thing at all, watch them vids (or make time to... it takes a good deal of time to watch the entire thing in one sitting).
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't believe something until it's proven. Otherwise, you're just ignorant. On top of that, life has existed on Earth for about 400 million years. The age of the universe is estimated to be 14 billion years old. So even if life elsewhere were to exist, it is highly unlikely to exist at the exact same time as us.

I guess I won't believe you exist then...Since you can't prove it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by oncetaken
So I guess I'll be the first to say that I don't believe aliens exist.

Why do you not believe that they exist?

Just aliens, or intelligent aliens?
AROUND THE WORLD

I believe that there may be life on another planet. What I dont buy is how they are so similar to us supposedly. What are the chances of another race developing that, has eyes, a nose, is bipedal, has 2 legs, 2 arms etc etc. I would find it a hell of a coincidence they developed to look so similar to us.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I see aliens all the time.

They hang out at home depot looking for contracting jobs...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
I guess I won't believe you exist then...Since you can't prove it.

No, but you can make a reasoned assumption based off of logic and example. These words I write couldn't be randomly assembed, and no AI intelligence as of yet could reply to your statement with this much depth. So it is logical to assume I exist.

However, there is no comparative model to decide if life elsewhere exists, since we are the only example.

To simplify: If you reach in a bag and pull out a red chip, that doesn't mean there HAS to be another red chip in the bag. The only way to prove there is more than 1 red chip in the bag is to actually find another one.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 6, 2009,
Quote by TunerAddict
I see aliens all the time.

They hang out at home depot looking for contracting jobs...

the thread is now OVER
Quote by StewieSwan
No, but you can make a reasoned assumption based off of logic and example. These words I write couldn't be randomly assembed, and no AI intelligence as of yet could reply to your statement with this much depth. So it is logical to assume I exist.

However, there is no comparative model to decide if life elsewhere exists, since we are the only example.

I don't know...

What if I'm sleeping?

What if I'm hallucinating?

What if this is the matrix?

How do I know?!?!?!?!

I don't. I just believe you exist. And belief has no need for any evidence whatsoever.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Instead of simply making this another debate thread about aliens... I would like to pose the question: has anybody started watching these videos yet? I seriously believe they will change or alter your opinions on the subject.
AROUND THE WORLD

So I just clicked the link...

And holy ****, Dan Akroyd, since when did he start doing UFO stuff and stop doing comedy movies?
Quote by TunerAddict
I don't know...

What if I'm sleeping?

What if I'm hallucinating?

What if this is the matrix?

How do I know?!?!?!?!

I don't. I just believe you exist. And belief has no need for any evidence whatsoever.

Now you're just being childish.

Quote by Yeti60
Instead of simply making this another debate thread about aliens... I would like to pose the question: has anybody started watching these videos yet? I seriously believe they will change or alter your opinions on the subject.

I'll wait 'til it shows up in a scientific journal, thanks.
Last edited by StewieSwan at Aug 7, 2009,
Quote by crazy8rgood
So I just clicked the link...

And holy ****, Dan Akroyd, since when did he start doing UFO stuff and stop doing comedy movies?

He just does the intro... the good stuff starts in the second segment.

But it is amusing to see him there at first.
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by StewieSwan
Now you're just being childish.

Not at all.

This is an age old debate topic.

Look, one can argue anything as long as you know how to argue.

I've made perfectly valid points.

However, you initial logic was flawed.

You said "don't believe something unless its proven."

But that is crap.

If it was proven, something thats impossible, then you wouldn't need to believe. You'd KNOW it was true. But for believing, hell there is a lot of evidence for global warming but there are still a lot of different opinions on it. People believe different things. There are people that are crazy and believe things that aren't real, like the gov't tracking them. And then there are people that believe things with no evidence whatsoever...

Belief is a wide spectrum, and one that requires no evidence whatsoever to an insurmountable amount of evidence.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by StewieSwan
I'll wait 'til it shows up in a scientific journal, thanks.

You want everything spoon-fed to you????

Sometimes you gotta go find your own truth.

[cheesy... I know]
AROUND THE WORLD

Quote by StewieSwan

the phrase "highly unlikely" does not apply in an infinite universe. if the probability is anything over complete impossibility, it has to exist. the universe is just so vast that anything, no matter how improbable, is happening.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I'm really interested in stuff like this, but those videos are boring as **** and the hypnotic music is annoying. Just get straight to the point and quit bull****ting.

Its hard to say if aliens have ever visited earth. There hasn't been any concrete evidence proven, just accounts from ancient cultures. Then again, NASA itself has a policy of keeping any material about aliens secret as to protect society. I think its more likely that the abnormalities and things we don't understand about ancient cultures can be traced to an even greater one, which has been lost. This is probably due to the fact that there were great floods on the earth 12000 years ago and many of the monuments are probably underwater. Many ancient civilizations, such as the Egyptians talk about learning key information from a preceding people.

The earliest known civilization is the Sumerians (5000BC). Only 2500 years later the Egyptians built the great pyramid of Giza, a marvel of architecture and a mystery still to this day. How could human knowledge advance so quickly, when according to mainstream historians and archaeologists, humans were mainly tribes of hunters before 5000BC? Doesn't make much sense to me, I think its possible that the knowledge was obtained before and there was ancient contact around the globe.
Quote by Brownie2
I'm really interested in stuff like this, but those videos are boring as **** and the hypnotic music is annoying. Just get straight to the point and quit bull****ting.

I understand your initial frustration.

It really gets going in the second segment.
The man is a scientist so he spends time outlining scientific principals on the chalkboard. Please stick with it, when it gets to the end and everything comes together there is a 'holy **** ' moment.

I personally think the slow pace is good, because it doesn't leave anything out and is comprehensive and overwhelming in evidence.

In short, it's hard to debate.
AROUND THE WORLD

Page 1 of 4