Ok, I've been playing guitar for about a year now. I'm going to be buying a new amp, and franky, I don't like all the effects built into amps. Is there a metal amp this is simplistic, a tube amp, and under 1 grand. Just an amp with Bass, Mid, and Trebel, but its fine if it has delay or something. Thanks!!!
Mesa/Boogie Mark III, if you go used...

Most tube amps don't have effects built in, other than reverb.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
thought about the used market? Mesa recto's, 6505's, and JCM800's can all be found for under a grand... usually with a cab included!
Try to hunt down a used Marshall DSL, Laney AOR, Sovtek MIG or Novik Red Bear.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by ChrisL33T
Ok, I've been playing guitar for about a year now. I'm going to be buying a new amp, and franky, I don't like all the effects built into amps. Is there a metal amp this is simplistic, a tube amp, and under 1 grand. Just an amp with Bass, Mid, and Trebel, but its fine if it has delay or something. Thanks!!!

Generally tube amps don't have built in digital effects (at most you'd have reverb). Modeling and solid-states have those. A Peavey 5150, MArshall JCM800/900, etc. are all bare-bones.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
many tube amps have no effects. have a look at some Mesa stuff for metal. Dr. Z amp's are AMAZING, although they are quite expensive, they are 1 channel monsters they take to pedals very well
^He said under a grand.

Randall tube combos (any will do, as all are killer), Peavey 5150 (used) or the new 6505+ combo, a used Triple XXX (will need to get used to active EQ though), Carvin V3, used Mesa F-50.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
If you run a dist pedal, the Vintage Fender Bassman 50 (64-70ish) Head is pretty basic

I see some of them on ebay for under a grand.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204