Im building a cab for a 65 watt head, the impedance is 8 ohms so im taking two 12" 65 watt speakers that are both 16 ohms together, but wiring parallel will give them a total of 8 ohm load....but..im wondering with the combined wattage of the speakers being 130 will the 65 watt head be able to push the 2 speakers?
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
Quote by heretic-clown
Im building a cab for a 65 watt head, the impedance is 8 ohms so im taking two 12" 65 watt speakers that are both 16 ohms together, but wiring parallel will give them a total of 8 ohm load....but..im wondering with the combined wattage of the speakers being 130 will the 65 watt head be able to push the 2 speakers?
no problem whatsoever.

1 - you always want some margin between how much power your amp can output and how much your speakers can handle before they fail.

2 - all other things being equal, a pair of speaker that are capable of handling 130w will sound as loud as a pair of speakers capable of handling 65w.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.