Ok. So I posted yesterday talking about the Schecter Damien 6 and the 30w Kustom Amp combo.

My question today is. For a first electric guitar should I get something cheaper or should I spring for the Schecter Damien 6?
Is there that much difference between The Damien and a Squire?

I heard 80% of the tone comes from an amp. Are kustom amps decent?

Anyways the deal I was cut for the Damien and amp is 425. For both.

But I can get a squire and amp for 200.

Opinions?
Get the Schecter. It's worth paying more because it won't outgrow you in a year like the crap low end Squire.

I'd say 70% of your tone comes from the amp. The other percentage is pickups, the guitar, and the player itself.

I can't give an opinion on the Kustom amp. I have not tried a Kustom amp to my life. I can most likely give you a suggestion if you answer these questions:

What is your budget?
What genre of music are you playing?
Are you gigging?
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 7, 2009,
My budgets around $500.
I enjoy metal/rock most of the time. Ive found myself playing a few blues here and there. And yeah after a lot more practice I plan to be gigging.
Band like White Chapel to Megadeth mostly. I like alot of harder stuff. Suicide Silence. I like alot of mudvayne. Basically anything but power metal.
I live in Southern West Virginia.

And thanks for your help Dimebag.
Quote by FingersOfNewby1
Band like White Chapel to Megadeth mostly. I like alot of harder stuff. Suicide Silence. I like alot of mudvayne. Basically anything but power metal.
I live in Southern West Virginia.

And thanks for your help Dimebag.
There is not much on your craigslist. Try Ebay if you can.

I think the B-52 AT-112 would do what you want.
id go for the schecter because its easier to play imo. you will definately hear a difference between a guitar with humbuckers and one with single coils on any amp. also schecters are very good for stuff like whitechapel and ss.