just really lo-fi demos of some tunes Ive been working on.please I use garageband with a usb interface..how do i make the vocals and overall sound mesh better..Id like the vocals to sound like on top of the piece and more at the heart of it.

www.myspace.com/cavecastles
garageband, you just have to learn how to put your tracks at the right volume... if you could, i would record guitar straight from an audio out on your amp to your computer.
Quote by bliss10
garageband, you just have to learn how to put your tracks at the right volume... if you could, i would record guitar straight from an audio out on your amp to your computer.

ignore this ^

it's tough to give you a better answer without knowing specifically what was used and how, but I can tell you that two pieces of gear make all the world of difference between crap recordings and decent demos: Compressor, Equalizer.

compress the signal enough so that you're not clipping, and adjust volume to taste.
give everything its own place in the mix with the use of panning (hint, bus your bass into the drums, drums hard L/R, guitars not as hard L/R (mono, but can be done well stereo too... really depends on your music), vocals up the gut or slightly off center stereo, lead guitar done same or similar to vox (cuz when are you soloing over lyrics?)
carve out a nice EQ for your instruments so that none are majorly overlapping (unless you're doing the rolling stones' two guitars=one sound kinda thing).
tweak away. when you boil it all down to a master track, double check for clipping, for the overall pan (you want things sounding "balanced"), and run it through an external EQ (or vst EQ, whatev) to give it a "monalisa" smile (i.e. slightly, SLIGHTLY, scooped).
Sounds really good to me, a little bassy but well mixed.
Only tip is to use as little 'verb on the vocals as you can get away with, and run a carefully-tweaked multiband compressor over the entire track.
Ok nice..thanks on the reverb tip.I love what i does to a sound but its somewhat difficult to get it right on vocals..Can anyone tell me about programs like logic and reason..How much more quality is it then Garageband
logic is so far beyond garage band it's not funny.

Reason is a rewire platform... i.e. something you send your recorded signal to in order to have it processed, then run back into your DAW, but bang for your buck Logic is amazing.