I have been wondering something. I was watching a Jazz tutorial video by Emily Remler and she said that you should tap your foot on the 2nd and 4th beat for jazz. This seems pretty standard for jazz but I wonder why in rock you generally don't cause ain't the emphasis still on the 2nd and 4th beat for the backbeat.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
I tap my foot on every first beat. Sometimes, I do differently and subdivide if the rhythm is tricky. It works well for me. Tapping your foot is just to stay in time. Correct me if otherwise.
Quote by xCurlyx
I tap my foot on every first beat. Sometimes, I do differently and subdivide if the rhythm is tricky. It works well for me. Tapping your foot is just to stay in time. Correct me if otherwise.

tap your foot with every beat, just make the first beat of evry measure stronger, and use a metronome too. kno that it's not always gonna be in common time, so each time you tap your 1st beat, it might be different
I just do whatever feels comfortable for what it is I'm playing. Sometimes if the beat is really strange it's just not comfortable at all to tap my foot.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
I just do whatever feels comfortable for what it is I'm playing. Sometimes if the beat is really strange it's just not comfortable at all to tap my foot.

This.

Although if you're doing it like, subconciously but still sort of awareyou're doing it, then yeah, that'll help. Although if I'm really focused on the foottapping, I find it hard to stay in time with the guitar, funnily enough.
Cam Sampbell's my hero